Dynamically Creating Repository Objects

This Q&A forum allows users to post and respond to "How Do I Do ....." questions. Please do not use to report (suspected) errors - you must use your regional help desk for this. The information contained in this forum has not been validated by LANSA and, as such, LANSA cannot guarantee the accuracy of the information.
jyoung

Dynamically Creating Repository Objects

Post by jyoung » Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:52 am

With the VLF tooling you can invoke the Program Coding Assistant and have it generate code AND create the repository objects for you.
Is there a way to create those objects myself? I assume there is because the VLF tool does whether that is exposed or available to us and how to do it is the question.

For example, in the VLF PCA there is the "Create" button.
custom pca.png
custom pca.png (64.37 KiB) Viewed 234 times
I have created my own PCA that generates a skeleton base that is unique to our environment and I would like to be able to create the objects as well.
capture 1.png
capture 1.png (76.77 KiB) Viewed 234 times
I can copy and paste over the components that I have created manually, but it would be really nice to be able to create them automatically.
Any thoughts or ideas on how I can go about this or if its even doable?

Thanks,
Joe

atostaine

Re: Dynamically Creating Repository Objects

Post by atostaine » Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:10 pm

Lansa Lpc has given this capability to a few partners. It should be an open Api IMO.

jyoung

Re: Dynamically Creating Repository Objects

Post by jyoung » Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:31 pm

Yeah, I agree it would be nice to have available.

If I were using a VCS setup, I could easily create the file, its a simple YAML file, and have it imported into the repo.