VLF-ONE Usage Statistics

This Q&A forum allows users to post and respond to "How Do I Do ....." questions. Please do not use to report (suspected) errors - you must use your regional help desk for this. The information contained in this forum has not been validated by LANSA and, as such, LANSA cannot guarantee the accuracy of the information.
jyoung

VLF-ONE Usage Statistics

Post by jyoung » Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:47 am

Are there any built-in, or has anyone created usage statistics for VLF-ONE?

At a very basic level, I want to know how many people and who is using the system as a whole. More detailed stats would include Application, Object and Component (Filter / Command) usage.

For example, if I have an Application that has 5 Objects. Then I could see that maybe one Object is being used significantly more than the others. Or if we have 5 Filters on an Object and only 1 is ever used.

These statistics could help provide direction on where to focus development effort.

I've thought of a way it could be done. It would generate a lot of data which is mildly concerning, but it could be snapshot'd and the disposed of.

I am curious if this exists already, perhaps in another form, or if anyone has attempted it and what your results were.

Thanks,
Joe

MarkD

Re: VLF-ONE Usage Statistics

Post by MarkD » Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:18 am

The only thing I know of are these options in the shipped demo.
They are designed to help developers, and I think would be way too low for anything that makes sense at an application level.
image.PNG
image.PNG (22.15 KiB) Viewed 93 times