VL Repository List Corruption (RESOLVED)

This Q&A forum allows users to post and respond to "How Do I Do ....." questions. Please do not use to report (suspected) errors - you must use your regional help desk for this. The information contained in this forum has not been validated by LANSA and, as such, LANSA cannot guarantee the accuracy of the information.
LANSAfolks

VL Repository List Corruption (RESOLVED)

Post by LANSAfolks » Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:40 am

I have an IDE repository list (LANSA V14SP2 EPC142040) that has over 100 objects in it. A component that was in the this Repository list was deleted, as it was no longer needed. That seems to have caused issues in the list.

Now, when I open the contents of the repository List from within the IDE Repository Tab, I see all the objects listed correctly. However, when I open the Repository List for editing, I only see two fields! One field that is valid and the second field is the name of the component that was deleted from the repository.

I am worried that if I save this list, it will lose all the objects that are in this list. Is there a way to save this object list into a text file?
Do you know what internal table stores Repository Lists? I can then delete the record for the deleted component from this list in the hope of getting this list working again.
Last edited by LANSAfolks on Fri Oct 11, 2019 4:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

MarkDale

Re: VL Repository List Corruption

Post by MarkDale » Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:45 pm

You could probably get a better answer from support, but

I think that repository list contents are stored in LX_DTA.LX_FIO, in MS SQL Server.

In the IDE, if you locate the list under Organizers --> Lists , and right mouse click on the list, there is an option to export to excel (make a csv file)

LANSAfolks

Re: VL Repository List Corruption (RESOLVED)

Post by LANSAfolks » Fri Oct 11, 2019 3:51 am

Thanks Mark!
As expected, once I deleted the record for the non-existent component from LX_FIO, the issue got resolved and I was able to see all the objects again, in edit mode! That saved me some serious rework. If LANSA Support is monitoring this post, can you please log this as a defect in V14SP2.

MarkD

Re: VL Repository List Corruption (RESOLVED)

Post by MarkD » Fri Oct 11, 2019 4:33 pm