Several Web Pages in one application

This Q&A forum allows users to post and respond to "How Do I Do ....." questions. Please do not use to report (suspected) errors - you must use your regional help desk for this. The information contained in this forum has not been validated by LANSA and, as such, LANSA cannot guarantee the accuracy of the information.
Joerg Hamacher

Several Web Pages in one application

Post by Joerg Hamacher » Sat Feb 20, 2021 2:40 am

Hi,

I have created several web pages with Visual LANSA - each one for different purposes. Now I want to combine them and create one application in which it shall possible to change between the web pages. Application should run with a top navigation bar and every icon or button in the navigation bar shall open another web page - but without leaving the active window. How can this be done? And what has to be done that all web pages are running in the same session?
That means: one central login is activating the session for all web pages and service modules of all my web pages.

Many thanks in advance,
Joerg

Dino

Re: Several Web Pages in one application

Post by Dino » Sat Feb 20, 2021 4:25 am

The option that I would use is to make (a copy of) the code in those webpages into new views, basically just replace the first line after copy:

Code: Select all

Begin_Com Role(*EXTENDS #PRIM_WEB) 
for

Begin_Com Role(*EXTENDS #PRIM_VIEW) 
then I will create a new Web page that will encompass all those new views using a View container and change all server modules to use the same value for session identifier:

Sessionidentifier('xxxSESSION')

Joerg Hamacher

Post by Joerg Hamacher » Sat Feb 20, 2021 6:43 am

Thank you, Dino!
Does this work too if I use views in my web pages? Can I work with views inside of views?

Best regards,
Joerg

Dino

Post by Dino » Sat Feb 20, 2021 7:06 am

Seems to be working fine...
I copied web pages created with the wizards (which have view containers inside) and copy to views.
then I used a view container in a new webpage and drag and drop those new views from the repository.
they work fine, you can navigate in each one, etc.
session may need some fine adjustment in the calls to signin dialog, etc.

Joerg Hamacher

Post by Joerg Hamacher » Mon Feb 22, 2021 8:30 pm

Hi Dino,
thank you very much again. I tried - and it works great!

Have a nice day
Joerg