Where is DC@OSVEROP in Windows?

This Q&A forum allows users to post and respond to "How Do I Do ....." questions. Please do not use to report (suspected) errors - you must use your regional help desk for this. The information contained in this forum has not been validated by LANSA and, as such, LANSA cannot guarantee the accuracy of the information.
LANSAfolks

Where is DC@OSVEROP in Windows?

Post by LANSAfolks » Sat May 08, 2021 1:34 am

Anyone know where data area DC@OSVEROP settings are stored in a Windows environment?
I suspect it's in an internal table or .dat file somewhere?
The documentation is IBMi centric when it comes to these settings and ignores the Windows platform.

Dino

Re: Where is DC@OSVEROP in Windows?

Post by Dino » Sat May 08, 2021 12:13 pm

what kind of information are you looking from the dc@osverop?
in windows, there is no data areas, and things like version of compiler to use, are in the windows registry.
A lot of things in the dc@osverop only makes sense for IBM systems, not windows

LANSAfolks

Post by LANSAfolks » Mon May 10, 2021 11:59 pm

Specifically looking for the equivalent of this setting on Windows:
Relax restrictions on trigger functionality . . . : N

In case some settings are not relevant to Windows, then that should be mentioned in the documentation. This has been done in other places too, when you look under "Portability considerations".

caseywhite

Post by caseywhite » Tue May 11, 2021 2:25 am

In the IDE choose the File menu, then System Information. On the right side look for the section "Execution and Security". Double click on it. The last entry of the section is "Relax Restrictions on Trigger Information".

LANSAfolks

Post by LANSAfolks » Mon May 17, 2021 11:51 pm

Thanks Casey, do you know where this setting would be stored in a runtime environment (no IDE installed)? Would this setting be relevant for a runtime environment?

Theo de Bruin

Post by Theo de Bruin » Tue May 18, 2021 7:00 am

Hi,

In LANSA runtime environments that will depend on the situation:

In general, you can distinguish these 2 situations:

a) a LANSA Environment using a Database
>> Then it will be read from the Internal LANSA database files

Or is it

b) A LANSA environment without any database connection?
>> In this case it will use the .xqd (i,e flat file extraction) files that were created by a *SYSEXPORT and ended up in
the partition's source directory.

This works the same for the main LANSA dataareas, Partition details , and other main LANSA System settings.

( Please do note that this is not always 100% the case, as it can be different in some situations where this is overrruled by the
LANSA X_Run System parameters (e.g. like FXQF) but that would only be used in special situations when advised by LANSA
technical persons to use this in order to overrule the defaults)

caseywhite

Post by caseywhite » Tue May 18, 2021 8:15 am

I am not sure where this is stored in a runtime environment. But I am pretty sure the feature you are referring to only applies at compile time so this wouldn't be a setting you need to worry about at run time. You could confirm this by having your trigger program call another function after you turn this setting, then turn it off and confirm the program is still called by your trigger.