Drop shadow of push button

This Q&A forum allows users to post and respond to "How Do I Do ....." questions. Please do not use to report (suspected) errors - you must use your regional help desk for this. The information contained in this forum has not been validated by LANSA and, as such, LANSA cannot guarantee the accuracy of the information.
Kazunori Kasahara

Drop shadow of push button

Post by Kazunori Kasahara » Tue May 11, 2021 3:23 pm

Hi,

Our customer would like to show shadow to make push buttons appear as though floating above VL form.
Is there any way to show shadow outside of push buttons like label?

Code: Select all

Function Options(*DIRECT)
Begin_Com Role(*EXTENDS #PRIM_FORM) Clientwidth(484) Clientheight(301) Componentversion(2) Left(531) Top(215)

Define_Com Class(#PRIM_VS.Style) Name(#Style1) Effect(#DropShadow1) Backgroundbrush(#Brush1)
Define_Com Class(#PRIM_VS.SolidBrush) Name(#Brush1) Color(211:211:211)
Define_Com Class(#PRIM_VS.DropShadow) Name(#DropShadow1) Color(0:0:0) Shadowdepth(15)

Define_Com Class(#PRIM_PHBN) Name(#Button1) Caption('Button1') Displayposition(1) Left(45) Parent(#COM_OWNER) Tabposition(1) Top(27) Style(#Style1)
Define_Com Class(#PRIM_LABL) Name(#Label1) Caption('Label1') Displayposition(2) Ellipses(Word) Height(25) Left(44) Parent(#COM_OWNER) Tabposition(2) Tabstop(False) Top(78) Verticalalignment(Center) Width(120) Style(#Style1)

End_Com
Thank you.

Dino

Re: Drop shadow of push button

Post by Dino » Thu May 20, 2021 8:20 am

While I cannot find a way to do that with a button...
... you can have a click event in the label... which technically will be the same thing I hope.