Crude Complexity Rating Fatal

This Q&A forum allows users to post and respond to "How Do I Do ....." questions. Please do not use to report (suspected) errors - you must use your regional help desk for this. The information contained in this forum has not been validated by LANSA and, as such, LANSA cannot guarantee the accuracy of the information.
LANSAfolks

Crude Complexity Rating Fatal

Post by LANSAfolks » Thu Jan 13, 2022 2:38 am

Has anyone faced an issue where Reusable Parts that compile just fine in LANSA V13SP2 and V14SP2 now fail to compile in V15 (latest EPC level) with a Crude Complexity Fatal error? I'm facing this issue (with a handful of components) in a new V15 environment that I set up for upgrading to V15. Curious is anyone else using V15 has faced the same issue?

atostaine

Re: Crude Complexity Rating Fatal

Post by atostaine » Tue Jan 18, 2022 1:18 pm

Isn’t there a setting to ignore that and it will just compile?
Art Tostaine

Dino

Post by Dino » Thu Jan 20, 2022 6:28 am

It has been a long time since I saw a message like that, but usually the idea behind that message was to tell the LANSA developer that the LANSA program have way too many variables or tables and when it is converted internally (temporarily) to whatever source code needed to generate the compiled form of the program (rpg, c, etc.) it won't be able to be compiled successfully because it will most likely exceed the limits of that language program, like maximum X number of variables, routines, etc.

Instead of ignoring it, my suggestion should be to simplify that program, split in two, make it more modular, etc.

This message use to appear in the past when you have a table with way too many logical files, and the OAM created to handle those tables will have more routines than allowed in one OAM. Or when you have those exceptionally large few thousand lines programs.

davidbalansa

Post by davidbalansa » Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:54 am

I agree with Dino to simplify / break up your resuable parts if you were in a development cycle.

As you are just recompiling in V15 I would check your compile options in v15 and compare to your previous versions. Try turn debug enabled off when compiling. This will reduce the lines of code generated and may get you under the limit.

Hopefully this will at least allow you to verify the components compile without having to make code changes at this point.

atostaine

Post by atostaine » Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:54 am

Yeah not cool to break up the code when he's just upgrading. I looked on my V15 IDE and I don't see an option there. Maybe it was on green screen?
Art Tostaine

LANSAfolks

Post by LANSAfolks » Tue Jan 25, 2022 2:31 am

Looks like this is a problem in LANSA V15 VCS installations, where the abovementioned option to suppress the Crude Element Complexity warnings is missing i.e. there is no way to suppress this fatal error message that stops objects from compiling. I have already been in touch with LANSA Support and await their feedback on this issue.

LANSAfolks

Post by LANSAfolks » Wed Feb 09, 2022 11:26 am

Good news: We received a fix from LANSA for this issue. Our V15 VCS installation IDE now has an option to suppress the Crude Element Complexity error and proceed with the compile.

atostaine

Post by atostaine » Wed Feb 09, 2022 12:53 pm

That's good news.
Art Tostaine