Settings Pane

This Q&A forum allows users to post and respond to "How Do I Do ....." questions. Please do not use to report (suspected) errors - you must use your regional help desk for this. The information contained in this forum has not been validated by LANSA and, as such, LANSA cannot guarantee the accuracy of the information.
mwilliams

Settings Pane

Post by mwilliams » Sat May 21, 2022 2:18 am

I have a settings pane in my VLF-One application that is listening for events using the #COM_OWNER.avEvent but it seems like none of the events are reaching it until the settings pane is opened using the gear icon. After it has been opened for the first time everything seems to work fine. Is there something that I can do to cause the settings pane to receive events without having to physically open it first?

Dino

Re: Settings Pane

Post by Dino » Tue May 24, 2022 10:06 am

checking in the documentation of VLF-ONE...

https://docs.lansa.com/15/en/lansa048/i ... 8_1665.htm

it says that for the avSignalEvent:

To
Indicates the scope in which the event should be signaled. The default value FRAMEWORK indicates that every active command handler and filter in the Framework should be notified of this event.

so basically, it needs to be active to listen.

Wondering if you should instead be using a custom framework manager to listen for the events or do the actions you need.
Then your settings panel -if opened- can show information that has been already gathered by the custom framework manager.

check example DF_T5801O , DF_T5802O

atostaine

Re: Settings Pane

Post by atostaine » Wed May 25, 2022 12:47 am

Couldn't you put it settings component in the main app, call a method to initialize it? Use scope(*application) for all the parts so there is only one loaded.
Art Tostaine