AS400 subit error

This Q&A forum allows users to post and respond to "How Do I Do ....." questions. Please do not use to report (suspected) errors - you must use your regional help desk for this. The information contained in this forum has not been validated by LANSA and, as such, LANSA cannot guarantee the accuracy of the information.
Stefano Foresi

AS400 subit error

Post by Stefano Foresi » Thu Dec 07, 2023 8:27 pm

Hello,
I'm experiencing a strange error on AS400, that occours randomly.

I have a functions that does some stuff, and, at the end, it waits some minutes, then it submits itself and exit.

The joblog I've found:
Dal modulo . . . . . . . . : X_UIMER2
Dalla procedura . . . . . . : IssueEventMessage
Istruzione . . . . . . . . : 10
Messaggio . . . : Fatal Error : Process : LG_OUTS2 Logistica Spedizioni 2
Function : LGOUT45 Invio Documenti via FTP Statement : 402 Message : (1089) - Error detected when attempting to create the temporary file
/LANSA_DC_PGMLIB/TMP/tab3836.tmp.
OS Error Message : Risorsa impegnata. OS
Error Message Number : 3029 Routine : X_PDF_Put_Temp_File_Suffix.

The "OS Error Message" can be translated to "resource committed"

The code line that generate error is:
SUBMIT PROCESS(LG_OUTS2) FUNCTION(LGOUT45) JOBD(*USRPRF) JOBQ(£R_USRJOBQ) OUTQ(*CURRENT)

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.
Stefano

cesarrafael

Re: AS400 subit error

Post by cesarrafael » Thu Dec 07, 2023 9:34 pm

Hi Stefano,

I've never seen that error before, but I would put my money on the object not beeing available....Maybe it's not be there at the time of processing or it may be allocated by other process or the auhtorities for the path were not set correctly.... It also depends on what the function is doing and where it's failing...

René Houba

Post by René Houba » Fri Dec 08, 2023 9:41 pm

Hi Stefano,

Do you have enough authority to write in:
/LANSA_DC_PGMLIB/TMP

On the IBMi, use WRKLNK and use option 9 to check:
check authority IBMi folder.PNG
check authority IBMi folder.PNG (21.33 KiB) Viewed 21708 times
check authority IBMi folder (2).PNG
check authority IBMi folder (2).PNG (141.56 KiB) Viewed 21708 times

Stefano Foresi

Post by Stefano Foresi » Mon Dec 11, 2023 7:09 pm

Hi cesarrafael and René Houba,
thank you for your reply.

The file being created is, I suppose, an internal Lansa temporary file where are stored some informations for the function being submitted. But I'm not sure about that, anyway the function itself does not open nor write files on file system.
The error occours randomly so I can't reproduce it.

I've cheched authorities on /LANSA_DC_PGMLIB/tmp and there is *PUBLIC with *RWX autority set (this is a "everyone" windows-like?)

The user witch run the work (it's a service user) also runs another work that do the same "trick", that is, the function runs, and, at the end, submit itself to run again after a certain delay.
I've created another user and another queue, and assigned the problematic work to that user and queue. This has somehow mitigated the problem, witch still occours, but rarely.