Themes not working with VLWeb pages

This Q&A forum allows users to post and respond to "How Do I Do ....." questions. Please do not use to report (suspected) errors - you must use your regional help desk for this. The information contained in this forum has not been validated by LANSA and, as such, LANSA cannot guarantee the accuracy of the information.
dhnaigles

Themes not working with VLWeb pages

Post by dhnaigles » Wed Jun 08, 2016 1:17 am

I have set a default theme for my VLWeb project. The theme uses a particular color scheme. When I set elements of the web page to their appropriate ThemeDrawStyle, they change (both brushes and fonts) in the editor. but when I go to run the web pages, the fonts are set correctly, but the colors remain a default gray. I have checked in the Theme as well as all the reusable parts and web pages. What am i doing wrong?
Attachments
web page running - no color on Heading Fonts.jpg
web page running - no color on Heading Fonts.jpg (29.82 KiB) Viewed 1517 times
web page in designer - see colors.jpg
web page in designer - see colors.jpg (137.99 KiB) Viewed 1517 times

Stewart Marshall

Re: Themes not working with VLWeb pages

Post by Stewart Marshall » Wed Jun 08, 2016 9:29 am

I can see that you've set up the editor to use the Theme, but this only allows the editor show everything with that Theme. This feature exists so that reusable parts can appear correctly at design time.

For runtime, you still need to apply the Theme to the WebPage, and of course, you need to make sure the Theme is compiled.
Stewart Marshall

Independent IT Consultant
www.marshallfloyd.com.au