VLF-Wam - LANSA 13.2 - Using a dropdown in a list

This Q&A forum allows users to post and respond to "How Do I Do ....." questions. Please do not use to report (suspected) errors - you must use your regional help desk for this. The information contained in this forum has not been validated by LANSA and, as such, LANSA cannot guarantee the accuracy of the information.
PierreLefrancois

VLF-Wam - LANSA 13.2 - Using a dropdown in a list

Post by PierreLefrancois » Wed Nov 09, 2016 7:16 am

Hello,

This is a VLF-Wam LANSA 13.2 question.

Where can I find an example of using a static dropdown Weblet (std_dropdown) in a JQuery enabled grid (std_grid_v3) ?

I did not find any examples in the 13.2 WAM or VLF guides.

I have seen examples of using a fp_rcomb FastPart Weblet but I feel like there should be something simpler.

Thanks - Pierre

AbelS

Re: VLF-Wam - LANSA 13.2 - Using a dropdown in a list

Post by AbelS » Wed Nov 16, 2016 3:10 pm

Hi Pierre

Click on the “grid_col_properties” property of the grid and choose to customize the column you want to change to a dropdown. Once this is done, you can drag and drop the dropdown weblet on that column.

HTH
Abel

PierreLefrancois

Re: VLF-Wam - LANSA 13.2 - Using a dropdown in a list

Post by PierreLefrancois » Thu Nov 17, 2016 11:40 pm

Abel,

Thank you for your reply.

Confusion was about what should be specified for the "Name" and "Value" properties of the std_dropdown when used in a std_grid.

In my case, "@id" and "." is needed but documentation only talks about "$fieldname/@id" and "$fieldname".

Help for name does not mention the use of "@id" :
If the Weblet is used for a field in a list, the name must be the is ($fieldname/@id)

Help for value does not mention the use of "." :
The value to set the weblet to.

Thanks again - Pierre