VL Web library list on IBM i

This Q&A forum allows users to post and respond to "How Do I Do ....." questions. Please do not use to report (suspected) errors - you must use your regional help desk for this. The information contained in this forum has not been validated by LANSA and, as such, LANSA cannot guarantee the accuracy of the information.
atostaine

VL Web library list on IBM i

Post by atostaine » Sat Nov 19, 2016 1:46 pm

I have a WAM Application that changes the library list based on the user that is entered on the web signon. The user ID's are not valid IBM i user profiles, they are kept in a table.

I have converted the WAM to VL Web. I can see the library list changing when the users signs on. I also change the library list in every server routine, but it doesn't seem to be working.

What is the correct way for setting a library list for a web job dynamically? I keep OAM's in the partition library, but the tables are duplicated in two libraries.

For instance, user JOE needs a library list like EAST, COMMON, QGPL, QTEMP. User LINDA will have WEST,COMMON,QGPL,QTEMP
Art Tostaine

dannyoorburg

Re: VL Web library list on IBM i

Post by dannyoorburg » Mon Nov 21, 2016 8:57 am

Hi,

There is very little difference between a Server Module running a Server Routine and a WAM running a Web Routine. They run in the exact same environment.

I'm not sure how to best implement your requirements, there will be other people better placed to comment on that, I'm just very surprised that the same code doesn't give you the same result.

Danny

atostaine

Post by atostaine » Tue Nov 22, 2016 4:59 am

Thanks for the reply. I have the CALL to set the library list working now. I would like to know how other people are solving this problem.

Art
Art Tostaine

HamadSheikh

Post by HamadSheikh » Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:43 am

You just need to make sure that you set the library list for the actual job that you are using.
i.e. setting the *LIBL for a different job will obviously not help the server module execution.
You have already verified that CALL works fine, you could also test the use of EXEC_OS400.

MarkD

Post by MarkD » Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:53 am

If you are using VLF-ONE an approach to library list management is suggested here

http://docs.lansa.com/14/en/lansa048/in ... d%20in.htm

That approach probably applies equally to non-VLF applications.

If you are using VLF-ONE then this new feature and example suggest how the logon validation program can determine the correct library list for the user and then make it available to every server module subsequently called within the session:

http://docs.lansa.com/14/en/lansa048/in ... 8_6725.htm

atostaine

Post by atostaine » Tue Nov 22, 2016 2:07 pm

Thank you Mark. Great examples.
Art Tostaine