Removing Tasks from the VL Repository

This Q&A forum allows users to post and respond to "How Do I Do ....." questions. Please do not use to report (suspected) errors - you must use your regional help desk for this. The information contained in this forum has not been validated by LANSA and, as such, LANSA cannot guarantee the accuracy of the information.
dhnaigles

Removing Tasks from the VL Repository

Post by dhnaigles » Fri Jun 17, 2016 1:17 am

I have numerous task id's that are either in Finished Status or do not exist at all in my IBMi LANSA Repository, but they still appear in my VL IDE Repository. I have tried System Initialization but that does not remove everything. It's not that they are influencing anything, but the list is getting longer and longer and I change tasks regularly while working. How can I remove these non-existent tasks from VL?

Deepak

Re: Removing Tasks from the VL Repository

Post by Deepak » Mon Jun 20, 2016 11:37 am

Hi,
First of all, to get rid the task IDs from the IDE, they need to be deleted from the server. So if a task is set to Finished on the Server, it will still show in the IDE as finished. So, its best practice to delete them when not required.

To get rid of the deleted task ids, what we need to do is to create a Repository Group (using LANSA PCMaint) and add the PCName (node name in LANSA ABOUT in the IDE) to the Repository Group with the Gateway Flag of Y.

Then run a Sys Init on the IDE with the options Current PC users and CUrrent PC names.
When the IDE starts, simply start the Host monitor and the unwanted/deleted tasks will be removed.

Hope that helps

Deepak

dhnaigles

Post by dhnaigles » Mon Jun 20, 2016 10:56 pm

Deepak
I did all those things and the TaskIDs are still there.

Deepak

Post by Deepak » Wed Jun 22, 2016 1:57 pm

Can you please raise a support ticket for this?
(btw: Final result of that investigation shall be posted in this forum)

Many Thanks
Deepak