Images no longer being found after check in

This Q&A forum allows users to post and respond to "How Do I Do ....." questions. Please do not use to report (suspected) errors - you must use your regional help desk for this. The information contained in this forum has not been validated by LANSA and, as such, LANSA cannot guarantee the accuracy of the information.
Post Reply
jyoung
Posts: 643
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 6:43 am
Location: Oklahoma City, OK USA

Images no longer being found after check in

Post by jyoung » Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:38 am

I had added a few more images to my Repository and instead of just checking those new images in, I mistakenly checked in ALL images.
Now, some of the images that have been working on our development iSeries are no longer working. The http request is returning 404.
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (11.74 KiB) Viewed 1543 times
I thought perhaps they got deleted somehow since they cannot be found, but when I go into the "Work with Visual LANSA Objects" menu, they are still there.
Capture2.PNG
Capture2.PNG (14.42 KiB) Viewed 1543 times
I've cleared out the browser cache, tried other browsers and nothing seems to work.

Don't know where to go next. Any idea on how to get the images serving again?

dannyoorburg
Posts: 152
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:50 am
Location: Australia

Re: Images no longer being found after check in

Post by dannyoorburg » Sat Jan 07, 2017 7:29 am

I'm not sure how you lost them. But the actual image file gets created from its repository definition by compiling a page/reusable/theme that uses that particular image.

So normally you wouldn't have to worry about checking in an image. It's just a resource that travels along with the html/javascript of its container.

It sounds like you'll have to recompile some parts.

Hope that helps.

Danny

jyoung
Posts: 643
Joined: Thu Jan 21, 2016 6:43 am
Location: Oklahoma City, OK USA

Re: Images no longer being found after check in

Post by jyoung » Sat Jan 07, 2017 7:40 am

Thanks Danny.

I checked in the page and all the reusable parts and then a hard refresh on the browser and the images came back.

I guess checking in the image invalidates the currently compiled reusable parts. Which makes sense as I bet the "v" querystring parameter is a versioning parameter as the new image has a different "v" parameter.

So when you update or check in images, you need to recompile the parts that use those images, good to know. :D

Thanks for the help.

dannyoorburg
Posts: 152
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:50 am
Location: Australia

Re: Images no longer being found after check in

Post by dannyoorburg » Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:20 am

Hi,

yes, when you change images you DO need to recompile (one of its) container(s).
Otherwise you just change the Repository definition but not the actual file in your execute folder.

I don't know why checking in the image would delete/change the file in the execute folder, I'll have a play with that when I get back to work, that might be an oversight.

The version number is just there to solve caching issues on the client, it doesn't get used on the server as part of locating the resource, so I don't see how it can matter in this scenario.

Anyway, glad you're seeing your images again :)

Danny

Post Reply