Deployment (Windows): Code page mismatch

This Q&A forum allows users to post and respond to "How Do I Do ....." questions. Please do not use to report (suspected) errors - you must use your regional help desk for this. The information contained in this forum has not been validated by LANSA and, as such, LANSA cannot guarantee the accuracy of the information.
Joerg Hamacher

Deployment (Windows): Code page mismatch

Post by Joerg Hamacher » Tue Jun 28, 2016 8:11 pm

Hello again,

when creating and installing deployment packages I get problems with special german characters (development laptop and target PC are "german").
When testing my application on the development PC the characters like "Ä", "Ü", "Ö" ect, are shown correctly in the application screens.
After creating the deployment package and installing the application on the target PC (Windows 10) these characters were replaced by signs like "{" or "]".
This does not happen with characters that are part of data that is read and written into lists etc.
It only happens to definitions stored in repository (e.g. descriptions / labels / column headings of data base fields or when using multilingual variables).

In deployment I use ANSEBC1141 / EBC1141ANS for ASCT / ASST.

What has to be corrected when creating the package?

Many thanks in advance,
Joerg

JamesDuignan

Re: Deployment (Windows): Code page mismatch

Post by JamesDuignan » Wed Jun 29, 2016 11:46 am

Hi Jeorg,

Can you please report this to your regional LANSA support team.

Thanks,
James Duignan