Login PopUp - how to allow remembering login values ?

This Q&A forum allows users to post and respond to "How Do I Do ....." questions. Please do not use to report (suspected) errors - you must use your regional help desk for this. The information contained in this forum has not been validated by LANSA and, as such, LANSA cannot guarantee the accuracy of the information.
Jiri

Login PopUp - how to allow remembering login values ?

Post by Jiri » Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:54 pm

VL-web application uses a simple login POP-UP window for entering required User name and Password.
The authentication logic in using application file (containing profiles and encrypted passwords) and server module for authentication.
It works fine, but customer is wondering, why this login cannot be remembered in browser.
Typically, the browser offers option to save (and remember) logins for specific servers, but this option is not offered for LANSA application login.
What can we do for it ?

BrendanB

Re: Login PopUp - how to allow remembering login values ?

Post by BrendanB » Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:47 am

Typically, most browsers look for input fields with the labels:
<input type='text' name='username'>
<input type='password' name='password'>

I have had some success by naming the fields on my login form 'username' and 'password'.

I think you will have to ensure that you have (at least) 2 input boxes, 1 labelled 'username' (#username in lansa) and 1 labelled 'password' (#password in lansa). you should ensure that the password input has the password_char is set.

something like:

Code: Select all

Define_Com Class(#PRIM_LABL) Name(#Label1) Displayposition(2) Ellipses(Word) Height(35) Left(15) Parent(#COM_OWNER) Tabposition(4) Tabstop(False) Verticalalignment(Bottom) Width(998) Caption('Email Address') Themedrawstyle('Strong') Top(70)
Define_Com Class(#PRIM_EDIT) Name(#userName) Displayposition(3) Left(15) Parent(#COM_OWNER) Showselection(False) Showselectionhilight(False) Tabposition(1) Top(105) Width(998) Height(35) Placeholder('name@example.com')
Define_Com Class(#PRIM_LABL) Name(#Label2) Caption('Password') Displayposition(4) Ellipses(Word) Height(35) Left(15) Parent(#COM_OWNER) Tabposition(5) Tabstop(False) Verticalalignment(Bottom) Width(998) Themedrawstyle('Strong') Top(140)
Define_Com Class(#PRIM_EDIT) Name(#Password) Displayposition(5) Left(15) Parent(#COM_OWNER) Showselection(False) Showselectionhilight(False) Tabposition(2) Top(175) Width(998) Height(35) Placeholder('Password') Passwordchar('*')

soa

Post by soa » Tue Apr 11, 2017 11:26 am

You could code behavior yourself by storing the credentials encrypted in local storage on successful logon.

Jiri

Post by Jiri » Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:13 am

Does not work for me :-(

Can you provide any functional example ? Either the login as requested or a possibility to store login localy?

Stewart Marshall

Post by Stewart Marshall » Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:41 am

Hi Jiri

Have a look at xDemoWebLocalStorage

This demonstrates the use of LocalStorage

Regards
Stewart Marshall

Independent IT Consultant
www.marshallfloyd.com.au

Jiri

Post by Jiri » Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:54 pm

Thanks Steward, it is good and simple example