VLF-ONE Wizards and conversion of the #@$

This Q&A forum allows users to post and respond to "How Do I Do ....." questions. Please do not use to report (suspected) errors - you must use your regional help desk for this. The information contained in this forum has not been validated by LANSA and, as such, LANSA cannot guarantee the accuracy of the information.
kno_dk

VLF-ONE Wizards and conversion of the #@$

Post by kno_dk » Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:13 am

Hi.

In Denmark we convert the #@$ to some danish special characters in LANSA. It have for years given us some problems/Issues. We nearly have solve all the translation issues with LANSA.
Today I have tried the new wizards in VLF-ONE (EPC 1410050/34) to create filtes and BO. The wizards do not translate the @#$ to the danish special charactes. Where can I change these wizards so they do the correct translation?
/klaus

MarkD

Re: VLF-ONE Wizards and conversion of the #@$

Post by MarkD » Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:58 am

The only one that should cause an issue in the Common Activities is the field prefix (#).
Try this:
- Start developer's workbench.
- Use the Programming Code Assistant from Tools - ignore any warning.
- Set the correct field prefix to use here then click the generate option ...
Capture1.PNG
Capture1.PNG (38.1 KiB) Viewed 2098 times
- Save and restart.
- Now code generated by the Common Activities panel should now use that character as the field prefix.
- Please let the forum know of your success or failure using this technique.
- If it's okay we will include that configuration option into the Common Activities panel Getting Started section as well.

kno_dk

Post by kno_dk » Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:07 pm

Hi
I works for the prefix of the fields. But I have one problem in the server module. The #IO$STS field is not correct the # is correct translated but the $ (dollar sign) is not translated.

/Klaus

MarkDale

Post by MarkDale » Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:14 am

Could you try the attached versions of these 4 server module .dat files and see if that solves the IO$STS problem?
Unzip them and put them in your partition execute directory
VF_UM501_AutoScrudServerModule_ENG.zip
(6.18 KiB) Downloaded 125 times

kno_dk

Post by kno_dk » Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:22 pm

Hi.

It worked. no probles in the combilation. But I think you cheated a little bit ;-). You did not convert the $, you just used another field.
/Klaus

MarkDale

Post by MarkDale » Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:47 pm

I suppose so - but Its consistent with all the other code assistants. (consistent cheating)