Framework multiple windows

This Q&A forum allows users to post and respond to "How Do I Do ....." questions. Please do not use to report (suspected) errors - you must use your regional help desk for this. The information contained in this forum has not been validated by LANSA and, as such, LANSA cannot guarantee the accuracy of the information.
stevec

Framework multiple windows

Post by stevec » Sat Aug 06, 2016 12:56 am

Currently additional windows (right click on business object and open new window) use the SAME job on Iseries. Is there a way to force them to a new job?

MarkD

Re: Framework multiple windows

Post by MarkD » Sat Aug 06, 2016 9:17 am

There is no option to do this automatically.

You might be able to do this by disabling the automatic framework new windows option and adding in your own commands to launch separate framework sessions on the client (ie: launch new X_RUN.EXE sessions on the client that probably switch to a specific thing when they start up).

You’d probably also have sign on again in the new session.

stevec

Post by stevec » Wed Aug 10, 2016 6:24 am

Can this be added as a request?

Our customers like to right click on business object and open in new window. I would like to auto sign on, use new Iseries job, call IIP just as if they started new framework from scratch only going directly to the business object they right clicked on.

MarkD

Post by MarkD » Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:19 am

Sure. Could you submit through your local support group please?

MarkD

Post by MarkD » Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:20 am

Out of interest - why do you need a second IBM i server job for the second window?

stevec

Post by stevec » Wed Aug 10, 2016 11:38 pm

We use job name for business logic members in transaction files. Currently this causes collision issues.