VLF-ONE avQueueAsyncOperation Shroud Not Displaying

This Q&A forum allows users to post and respond to "How Do I Do ....." questions. Please do not use to report (suspected) errors - you must use your regional help desk for this. The information contained in this forum has not been validated by LANSA and, as such, LANSA cannot guarantee the accuracy of the information.
jyoung

VLF-ONE avQueueAsyncOperation Shroud Not Displaying

Post by jyoung » Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:04 am

I am using the new avQueueAsyncOperation and avExecuteAsyncOperation in VLF-ONE. and I have noticed that sometimes the "executing" shroud (greyed out window with busystatetext) does not always display.

Before I would control the shroud with avGoToBusyState and avGoToFreeState.

Now when using the new AsyncOperation methods, I have noticed that sometimes the shroud displays and sometimes it does not.

I trigger it via

Code: Select all

#COM_OWNER.avQueueAsyncOperation operationid('GET') busystatetext('Loading')
And handle it via

Code: Select all

mthroutine name(avExecuteAsyncOperation) options(*REDEFINE)

case of_field(#OperationID)
when (= 'GET')
#avFrameworkManager.avRecordTrace component(#COM_OWNER) event('Executing Get Request')
#avListManager.ClearList
#Get.Execute countrycode(#wk_CountryCode) companynumber(#VLFCompanyLookup.Number) officenumber(#VLFOfficeLookup.OfficeNumber) datalist(#ListItems) status(#wk_Status)
#avFrameworkManager.avRecordTrace component(#COM_OWNER) event('Get Request Completed')
#CMGOARObjectManager.LoadInstanceList( #avListManager #ListItems #wk_CountryCode )
endcase

endroutine
Anyone else experiencing this or is it just me?

MarkD

Re: VLF-ONE avQueueAsyncOperation Shroud Not Displaying

Post by MarkD » Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:54 am

Sometimes it's so fast you don't see it - but equally something might be wrong.
If you use &Trace=Y when you do the async operations it should trace out each step it takes - that might reveal something.