Crystal report 9.2 for Lansa Web

This Q&A forum allows users to post and respond to "How Do I Do ....." questions. Please do not use to report (suspected) errors - you must use your regional help desk for this. The information contained in this forum has not been validated by LANSA and, as such, LANSA cannot guarantee the accuracy of the information.
Welcome

Crystal report 9.2 for Lansa Web

Post by Welcome » Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:41 pm

Hi. everyone..

i want to use crystal report 9.2 for lansa web.
but i dont know ,how can i do it.
if you know . could you teach me..
Please...

Welcome.

lawingo

Re: Crystal report 9.2 for Lansa Web

Post by lawingo » Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:02 am

Hello,

I use Crystal XI for my regular VL apps. I can provide code and instructions if you are interested. For VL Web I use Crystal Reports Server. Basically you save the Report to the Reports server and then call the report and pass it parameters via a URL. Again, I can provide code & instructions if interested. I don't know what resources you have access to but that solution (Crystal Reports Server) can be a little pricey. We use our reports server for more than VL Web Reporting so the cost for us is justified. I hope this helps.

Welcome

Post by Welcome » Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:30 am

For your solution.
it can give me a something idea..
Thank you for your reply..

Thank you..

dominique

Post by dominique » Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:28 pm

Three years ago we changed from Crystal XI to a newer .net Crystal Reports version. We had to realize that newer versions of Crystal Reports aren't accurate anymore and buggy too.
At the moment we use Microsoft SSRS with SQL Server. It's a webbased reporting tool and ideal for VL Web. Another good reporting tool is JasperReports (also free).