Data Matrix Barcodes

This Q&A forum allows users to post and respond to "How Do I Do ....." questions. Please do not use to report (suspected) errors - you must use your regional help desk for this. The information contained in this forum has not been validated by LANSA and, as such, LANSA cannot guarantee the accuracy of the information.
TomC

Data Matrix Barcodes

Post by TomC » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:28 am

I have a request to scan Data Matrix type barcodes from VL-Web. Using the shipped widget, xDeviceBarcodeScanner, it looks like we can only scan UPCA, Code128, QRCode, Code39, and ITF-14.

So first question, anyone have thoughts as to how we could extend this widget to incorporate other barcode types? That would be the ideal approach.

I have looked into creating my own widget using the HTML5 getUserMedia() function, but this seems to not be consistent across all mobile browsers (although it looks like it might work with IOS11 now). It in theory could work, but I have not been successful from a mobile device.

Looking for some feedback.

TomC

Re: Data Matrix Barcodes

Post by TomC » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:51 am

Adding a bit more information regarding a new potential custom widget, getusermedia does apparently work now from mobile devices in both Safari 11 and Chrome.

https://webrtc.github.io/samples/src/co ... media/gum/

Ideally I would still use xDeviceBarcodeScanner.