VLWeb Popup Issues

This Q&A forum allows users to post and respond to "How Do I Do ....." questions. Please do not use to report (suspected) errors - you must use your regional help desk for this. The information contained in this forum has not been validated by LANSA and, as such, LANSA cannot guarantee the accuracy of the information.
jyoung

VLWeb Popup Issues

Post by jyoung » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:43 am

Having all kinds of problems with VLWeb's Popup control.

The first issue is that it looks like the z-index is missing or hosed up.
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (19.97 KiB) Viewed 1805 times
If I add/modify the z-index in Chrome, then it renders fine.

Secondly, the popup is not centered, even though I use

Code: Select all

#Popup.ShowPopup context(#COM_OWNER) placement(Center)
For that matter, what does the Context parameter for? The docs have:
Reference to the control to which the popup applies
There is also a shroud style on the popup that is not getting applied.

define_com class(#PRIM_VS.Style) name(#ShroudStyle) backgroundbrush(#ShroudBrush)
define_com class(#PRIM_VS.SolidBrush) name(#ShroudBrush) color(28:28:28) opacity(30)

define_com class(#PRIM_PPNL) name(#Popup) left(450) parent(#COM_OWNER) titlebar(True) top(212) caption('Submiting Request ....') height(249) width(300) layoutmanager(#PopupLayout) autoclose(False) shroudstyle(#ShroudStyle) enablechildren(True)
I've ensured everything is compiled, multiple hard refreshes and nothing is working.
The UI is a rather complicated UI with multiple levels of Reusable Parts, does that have anything to do with it?

jyoung

Re: VLWeb Popup Issues

Post by jyoung » Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:28 am

Come to find out this was all due to triggering the popup BEFORE the control was Realized.

Once I figured that out, it was a matter of tracking down the event stack and triggering it AFTER the control is Realized.

atostaine

Post by atostaine » Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:20 am

Hmmm, I have a customer swearing that some popups aren't on top. I can't duplicate the problem. I wonder if he's being a pain and smashing buttons and not telling me.

Art
Art Tostaine

Stewart Marshall

Post by Stewart Marshall » Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:24 pm

The Context parameter returns a reference to the control that's using the popup when the prepare event is fired.

It allows you to use the same popup for multiple controls
Stewart Marshall

Independent IT Consultant
www.marshallfloyd.com.au