VLF One V14SP1 Users and Authorities

This Q&A forum allows users to post and respond to "How Do I Do ....." questions. Please do not use to report (suspected) errors - you must use your regional help desk for this. The information contained in this forum has not been validated by LANSA and, as such, LANSA cannot guarantee the accuracy of the information.
PatrickF

VLF One V14SP1 Users and Authorities

Post by PatrickF » Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:10 am

I have merged in the shipped VLF One capability that is new in V14SP1 to perform User Administration in my VLF-One Framework.
The filter and command handlers are working correctly and show the Users and their Groups and Authorities Correctly.
However, I am getting a warning pop-up message that Framework Users and Authorities not enabled in this Framework. The message ends by referring me to the Topic Activate Framework Security in the product documentation, but I cannot find that topic when searching docs.lansa.com. The VLF Administration is active and working in VLF-One. I was able to add a Group User and see it in the VLF File on IBMi.

How do I make this message disappear ?
Attachments
VLF Settings.png
VLF Settings.png (10.54 KiB) Viewed 1564 times
message.png
message.png (12.55 KiB) Viewed 1564 times

MarkDale

Re: VLF One V14SP1 Users and Authorities

Post by MarkDale » Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:36 am

Hi Patrick

In the framework properties --> Web/RAMP Details tab --> IIP Component to validate VLF-ONE sign on

There is the name of your version of UF_OLOGON

In the source for that component, locate these lines:

Code: Select all

* For this example we will not use framework authority
#UseFrameworkObjectAuthority := False
If you want VLF-ONE security to be active you have to use:
#UseFrameworkObjectAuthority := True
(and check it in and compile it on the server)

That may be the setting you have to change.

MarkD

Re: VLF One V14SP1 Users and Authorities

Post by MarkD » Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:37 am

In your framework you have will have a server side component that handles all user sign ins ...........
image1.png
image1.png (18.15 KiB) Viewed 1559 times
Since you cannot use UF_OLOGON in a production framework, you will have probably made your own copy of it already.
In your copy, change the CheckUserCredentials method to return #UseFrameworkAuthority as True ............
image2.png
image2.png (90.9 KiB) Viewed 1559 times