Web Page - Fit the size of the Multi-line edit box to the text

This Q&A forum allows users to post and respond to "How Do I Do ....." questions. Please do not use to report (suspected) errors - you must use your regional help desk for this. The information contained in this forum has not been validated by LANSA and, as such, LANSA cannot guarantee the accuracy of the information.
Taku Izumi

Web Page - Fit the size of the Multi-line edit box to the text

Post by Taku Izumi » Fri Apr 27, 2018 4:20 pm

Hi,

To fit the height and width of the Multi-line edit box to the length of the text, I tried to use the Content unit layout.
But it does not change the size of the Multi-line edit box, I can not get the result I expected.

How should I define a layout for it?

This is my test case.

Code: Select all

Begin_Com Role(*EXTENDS #PRIM_WEB) Layoutmanager(#Layout1) Height(545) Width(897)
Define_Com Class(#PRIM_TBLO) Name(#Layout1)
Define_Com Class(#PRIM_TBLO.Column) Name(#Column1) Displayposition(1) Parent(#Layout1)
Define_Com Class(#PRIM_TBLO.Column) Name(#Column2) Displayposition(2) Parent(#Layout1) Units(Content) Minwidth(300) Width(300)
Define_Com Class(#PRIM_TBLO.Column) Name(#Column4) Displayposition(3) Parent(#Layout1)
Define_Com Class(#PRIM_TBLO.Row) Name(#Row1) Displayposition(1) Parent(#Layout1)
Define_Com Class(#PRIM_TBLO.Row) Name(#Row2) Displayposition(2) Parent(#Layout1) Units(Content) Minheight(30) Height(30)
Define_Com Class(#PRIM_TBLO.Row) Name(#Row3) Displayposition(3) Parent(#Layout1)
Define_Com Class(#PRIM_TBLO.Item) Name(#Text1Item1) Manage(#Text1) Parent(#Layout1) Row(#Row2) Sizing(ContentWidthAndHeight) Column(#Column2) Alignment(TopLeft)
Define_Com Class(#PRIM_TEXT) Name(#Text1) Displayposition(1) Left(299) Parent(#COM_OWNER) Tabposition(1) Top(258) Width(300) Height(30)

Evtroutine Handling(#Com_owner.Initialize)
Begin_Loop To(5)
#Text1.Text += 'aAbBcCdDeEfFgGhHiIjJkKlLmMnNoOpPqQrRsStTuUvVwWxXyYzZ' + (10).AsUnicodeString
End_Loop
Endroutine
End_Com

Regards,
Taku

HamadSheikh

Re: Web Page - Fit the size of the Multi-line edit box to the text

Post by HamadSheikh » Sat Apr 28, 2018 2:39 am

There must be multiple ways of doing this. Here is one possible way:

Begin_Com Role(*EXTENDS #PRIM_WEB) Layoutmanager(#Layout1) Height(545) Width(897)
Define_Com Class(#PRIM_TBLO) Name(#Layout1)
Define_Com Class(#PRIM_TBLO.Column) Name(#Column1) Displayposition(1) Parent(#Layout1)
Define_Com Class(#PRIM_TBLO.Column) Name(#Column2) Displayposition(2) Parent(#Layout1) Units(Content) Minwidth(300) Width(300)
Define_Com Class(#PRIM_TBLO.Column) Name(#Column4) Displayposition(3) Parent(#Layout1)
Define_Com Class(#PRIM_TBLO.Row) Name(#Row1) Displayposition(1) Parent(#Layout1)
Define_Com Class(#PRIM_TBLO.Row) Name(#Row2) Displayposition(2) Parent(#Layout1) Units(Content) Minheight(30) Height(30)
Define_Com Class(#PRIM_TBLO.Row) Name(#Row3) Displayposition(3) Parent(#Layout1)
Define_Com Class(#PRIM_TBLO.Item) Name(#Text1Item1) Manage(#Text1) Parent(#Layout1) Row(#Row2) Sizing(ContentWidthAndHeight) Column(#Column2) Alignment(TopLeft)
Define_Com Class(#PRIM_TEXT) Name(#Text1) Displayposition(1) Left(299) Parent(#COM_OWNER) Tabposition(1) Top(258) Width(300) Height(30)

Evtroutine Handling(#Com_owner.Initialize)
Begin_Loop To(5)
#Text1.Text += 'aAbBcCdDeEfFgGhHiIjJkKlLmMnNoOpPqQrRsStTuUvVwWxXyYzZ' + (10).AsUnicodeString
#std_num := #Text1.text.CurChars * 1.5
If Cond(#Text1.width < #STD_NUM)
#Text1.Width := #STD_NUM
Endif
#Text1.Height += 15
End_Loop
Endroutine
End_Com

Taku Izumi

Re: Web Page - Fit the size of the Multi-line edit box to the text

Post by Taku Izumi » Tue May 01, 2018 3:02 pm

That was what I expected.