Component that allows pasting an image with Ctrl-V or right Click

This Q&A forum allows users to post and respond to "How Do I Do ....." questions. Please do not use to report (suspected) errors - you must use your regional help desk for this. The information contained in this forum has not been validated by LANSA and, as such, LANSA cannot guarantee the accuracy of the information.
atostaine

Component that allows pasting an image with Ctrl-V or right Click

Post by atostaine » Thu Sep 01, 2016 2:59 am

I can't get the image component to let me paste an image. For instance, I right click an image on the desktop and click copy.

What can I use in VL-14 (Rich windows client) to let me Ctrl-V or right click/paste?

Thanks
Art Tostaine

Stewart Marshall

Re: Component that allows pasting an image with Ctrl-V or right Click

Post by Stewart Marshall » Thu Sep 01, 2016 6:01 pm

Hi Art

Sorry to say, but the image control does not support pasting from the clipboard.

Your only choice is to save the image first and then have the user select it

Regards
Stewart Marshall

Independent IT Consultant
www.marshallfloyd.com.au

atostaine

Post by atostaine » Fri Sep 02, 2016 12:52 am

Thank you Stewart. We are struggling to understand how Windows 10 changed our VLF application. We regularly drag images from a web site to our application to be saved as image files on a server.

Most PC's can't drop. Some can Ctrl-V with our version of the Demo component DX_DOCS. Some can do neither.

We submitted a support incident to see if LANSA can shed some light on what's happening.
Art Tostaine

MarkDale

Post by MarkDale » Fri Sep 02, 2016 11:19 am

Re pasting to the DX_DOCS example:

If on a browser, I right mouse click Copy (on an image) and then right mouse click Paste on the DX_DOCS area "it works ok on my PC" (on Windows 7 and Windows 10), provided I can copy the image in the first place.

(The DX_DOCS paste area is DF_WEBAC - a web browser activeX)

This depends on the IE settings: IE11 options --> security tab --> the zone that the source web page is in. If the security level is too high you cannot copy, and therefore cannot paste. (or drag and drop)

There is a specific setting for it in IE, in IE11 options --> security tab --> the zone that the source web page is in.
But to see it you have to click the custom settings button and then scroll to Miscellaneous --> Drag and drop or copy and paste files, and set it to enable. (don't set it to prompt)

If that is the problem, then the Copy option is greyed out when the user right mouse clicks on the image.

atostaine

Post by atostaine » Wed Sep 07, 2016 12:59 am

We've tried all of these settings in I.E. 11. Edge gives less control. Mozilla doesn't work.

We are thinking that since we installed the app to run as administrator that Windows 10 won't let two different applications that are different levels interact. We install as Admin because we wanted to be able to install the VLF for ALL Users, we used direction from Hamad @ US Support to accomplish this.
Art Tostaine