LANSA IDE "Deliver To" a different Partition?

This Q&A forum allows users to post and respond to "How Do I Do ....." questions. Please do not use to report (suspected) errors - you must use your regional help desk for this. The information contained in this forum has not been validated by LANSA and, as such, LANSA cannot guarantee the accuracy of the information.
alih

LANSA IDE "Deliver To" a different Partition?

Post by alih » Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:22 am

Hi everyone,

Is there a way in LANSA IDE, using "Deliver To" feature, to deliver objects to a different target partition on the iSeries than the partition in the IDE?

We can create multiple LANSA System definitions to deliver objects to multiple systems, but there is nowhere I could find to specify the target delivery partition if the target system has a different partition name.

Example: Development System has a DEV partition, but Test LANSA system has a TST partition, and I need to deliver the same objects with a click of a button to TST.

Thanks

jyoung

Re: LANSA IDE "Deliver To" a different Partition?

Post by jyoung » Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:11 am

I may be wrong here, but I don't think you can use "Deliver To" to move to a different partition. Deliver To is a lot like a "Check In" without all the task tracking stuff.

If you are trying to move things to another partition, I would suggest you look into using the Export \ Import capabilities. The Export \ Import allows you to move objects to different Partitions and Servers.

Essentially, you would Deliver To your Dev server and in the process create an Export List. I think there is a check box on the bottom of the Deliver To window to create the Export List automatically. Then you can export those objects in that list on your Dev server to a savefile, move it to your Test server and import it.

Joe

JamesDuignan

Post by JamesDuignan » Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:03 am

Joe is correct.

The functionality of the deliver to is much like the functionality of check in when you have a slave to IBM i Master.
So it will only work in the same partition i.e. DEV to DEV and TST to TST.

So, in your Visual LANSA system you will have to use the 'deliver to' for the DEV partition on your LANSA for i sytems.
Then, as stated by Joe, create and export in DEV partition on your LANSA for i system and import it to TST partitions.

Regards,
James Duignan

dhnaigles

Post by dhnaigles » Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:00 pm

You can also use quickexport and import it into your target partition in VL then "Deliver To"