VL Web Pages - Library List of QHTTPSVR-Jobs

This Q&A forum allows users to post and respond to "How Do I Do ....." questions. Please do not use to report (suspected) errors - you must use your regional help desk for this. The information contained in this forum has not been validated by LANSA and, as such, LANSA cannot guarantee the accuracy of the information.
Joerg Hamacher

VL Web Pages - Library List of QHTTPSVR-Jobs

Post by Joerg Hamacher » Thu Jul 05, 2018 6:47 pm

Hi,

when starting IBMi webserver instance LSAPGMLIB in subsystem QHTTPSVR (STRTCPSVR SERVER(*HTTP) HTTPSVR(LSAPGMLIB)) there are 4 or 5 jobs created under user profile QTMHHTTP.
When starting a web page there is a 6th job created under user profile LSAPGMLIB (PGM-QZSRCGI).

All these jobs have the same entries in their library lists and all of these jobs use the same job description QHTTPSVR/QZHBHTTP.
How can I tell the job that runs with LSAPGMLIB user profile to use the job description of LSAPGMLIB user profile also - this job description contains all libraries needed for accessing all data and programs / functions.

Best regards and many thanks in advance,

Joerg

dhnaigles

Re: VL Web Pages - Library List of QHTTPSVR-Jobs

Post by dhnaigles » Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:56 pm

I believe that the VLWeb Pages still use LWEB_JOB and that will have the correct library list for the user. If you changed that users library list, you should clean up your web server, using the Web Adminstrator or its associated command on the iSeries. This will restart all your LWEB_JOBs and have the correct library list.

atostaine

Re: VL Web Pages - Library List of QHTTPSVR-Jobs

Post by atostaine » Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:49 pm

Everyone one of our server routines does a check to set the library list for the user. We also do it in WAM's.

Art
Art Tostaine