STD_DATEPICKER Signaling a WAMEVENT in the framework

This Q&A forum allows users to post and respond to "How Do I Do ....." questions. Please do not use to report (suspected) errors - you must use your regional help desk for this. The information contained in this forum has not been validated by LANSA and, as such, LANSA cannot guarantee the accuracy of the information.
cheese

STD_DATEPICKER Signaling a WAMEVENT in the framework

Post by cheese » Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:04 am

Hey all!

I'm using the jquery weblet std_datepicker in a WAM within my framework;
I'm attempting to signal a wamevent inside my framework via the click any date on the std_datepicker weblet.
So far I haven't had luck signaling to the framework level, though I can competently write JS scripts within the xsl to allow me to navigate to a wam and pass parms if needed, but this will not help much without being able to operate within the frameowork itself.

Has anyone attempted this before / could you offer any guidance ?

Thank you

AbelS

Re: STD_DATEPICKER Signaling a WAMEVENT in the framework

Post by AbelS » Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:59 am

The datepicker is not designed to submit a form, so it doesn't have a VLF WAM event property.

An option is to drop an anchor or button weblet in the hidden section and add an onchange Javascript to the datepicker that calls the click event on the anchor/button. You nominate the VLF WAM event on the hidden anchor/button.

For example:
datepicker vlf wam event.JPG
datepicker vlf wam event.JPG (14.11 KiB) Viewed 836 times
HTH