lansa web & activeX

This Q&A forum allows users to post and respond to "How Do I Do ....." questions. Please do not use to report (suspected) errors - you must use your regional help desk for this. The information contained in this forum has not been validated by LANSA and, as such, LANSA cannot guarantee the accuracy of the information.
sotos

lansa web & activeX

Post by sotos » Wed Sep 05, 2018 4:18 pm

Hello everyone,

We are migrating our standalone windows lansa application (server is on OS/400) to lansa for the web.
We utilize several 3rd party activeX controls to our windows application however it seems that activeX
are not supported for the web.

Is there any workaround to this problem?

Also I would like to know wether ASP.NET controls are supported from LANSA for the web

best,
Sotiris

MarkD

Re: lansa web & activeX

Post by MarkD » Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:12 am

Active-X controls can be used in Internet Explorer only.
See https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/hel ... x-controls
However, using them is getting increasing complex as users often have to change browser settings to use them.

MarkD

Re: lansa web & activeX

Post by MarkD » Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:19 am

I would look at what each Active-X control did and then look around for modern HTML5 JavaScript equivalent features (e.g.: Charting, Graphs, Rich Test Editing). There are lots of these around. Generally, these can be plugged into VL-Web applications as Widgets quite easily. That way you should be able to use all HTML5 compatible browsers on all platforms.