Is it possible to apply Visual LANSA theme draw style to VLF-ONE command handler?

This Q&A forum allows users to post and respond to "How Do I Do ....." questions. Please do not use to report (suspected) errors - you must use your regional help desk for this. The information contained in this forum has not been validated by LANSA and, as such, LANSA cannot guarantee the accuracy of the information.
Kazunori Kasahara

Is it possible to apply Visual LANSA theme draw style to VLF-ONE command handler?

Post by Kazunori Kasahara » Fri Sep 16, 2016 7:41 pm

Hi,

I would like to apply Visual LANSA theme draw style to controls on VLF-ONE command handler. I have done the following steps but VL theme draw style is not applied to. I may misunderstand that. Any advise will be helpful. Thank you in advance.

1. I have specified DarkTitle to the Columnthemedrawstyle property of list component on VLF-ONE command handler. The color of list columns look grey.

Define_Com Class(#PRIM_LIST) Name(#List1) Displayposition(1) Left(45) Parent(#COM_OWNER) Tabposition(1) Top(51) Rowheight(22) Columnthemedrawstyle('DarkTitle')

2. I have created my Visual LANSA theme having the draw style named DarkTitle which background color is blue.

Define_Com Class(#PRIM_THM.DrawStyle) Name(#DarkTitle) Style(#DarkTitleStyle)
Define_Com Class(#PRIM_VS.Style) Name(#DarkTitleStyle) Backgroundbrush(#DarkTitleBackground) Foregroundbrush(#DarkTitleForeground)
Define_Com Class(#PRIM_VS.SolidBrush) Name(#DarkTitleForeground) Color(White)
Define_Com Class(#PRIM_VS.SolidBrush) Name(#DarkTitleBackground) Color(Blue)

3. I have created my original VLF-ONE theme according to the instructions in documentation. http://docs.lansa.com/14/en/lansa048/in ... 8_6520.htm I have specified my VL theme name to the Vlwebapplicationtheme property in VLF-ONE sanp-in theme customizer.

Set Com(#NewTheme) Symbolicname(MYTHEME1) Description('My VLF ONE Theme') Vlwebapplicationtheme(my VL theme name)

4. I have expected the background color of the list column is changed to blue when selecting My VLF ONE Theme in VLF-ONE. But the color of the list column is grey.

Best Regards,
Kazunori Kasahara

MarkD

Re: Is it possible to apply Visual LANSA theme draw style to VLF-ONE command handler?

Post by MarkD » Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:34 am

The #VF_SY170O Vlwebapplicationtheme(xxxxx) property is designed to be used with (and is tested for) the standard shipped VL themes.
I do not think you can create a new VL theme and then use it that way in VLF-ONE.
I think you should just create VL themes and styles and apply them to your PRIM_LIST individually.

Kazunori Kasahara

Re: Is it possible to apply Visual LANSA theme draw style to VLF-ONE command handler?

Post by Kazunori Kasahara » Tue Sep 20, 2016 12:01 pm

Thank you very much!

davidbalansa

Post by davidbalansa » Wed Sep 21, 2016 10:49 pm

Hi Mark,

I have a similar question so I thought I would continue this thread. I have a need to customize the VLF-ONE colours to follow a corporate colour scheme.

I was able to implement the snap in theme customizer and modify various aspects of the VLFONE using the VF_SY170O properties.

Set Com(#NewTheme) Symbolicname(DBCCTHEME) Description('DB Custom Theme') Vlwebapplicationtheme(#DBCCTHEME.BaseTheme)

#NewTheme.FloatingPanel_AtFrontTitleStyle.BackgroundBrush <= #DBCCTheme<MainTitleStyle>.BackgroundBrush

One requirement is to change the colour of all the buttons throughout the VLF-ONE. Currently my custom theme 'NewTheme' has Vlwebapplicationtheme(#DBCCTHEME.BaseTheme) where the BaseTheme for #DBCCTHEME is 'Green2015' so all the buttons take on the Control Theme Draw Style for PushButtons of ' Green2015'. Which is not the exact green I need. There are no properties in VF_SY170O to set the buttons in VLF-ONE and from your response I can only use shipped VL Themes for the Vlwebapplicationtheme property.

Is there any way I can change my push button controls draw style globally in VLF-ONE or do I need to set the FocusedStyle, MouseOverStyle and Style properties on every button?

Regards,
David

MarkD

Post by MarkD » Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:32 am

There is really no such thing as VLF-ONE theme.
A VLF-ONE theme is simply a conceptual extension of a standard VL-Web theme
The base VL-Web theme is named in the VLWebApplicationTheme property.
That VL-Web theme impacts the majority of VLF-ONE things, like how push buttons appear.
The rest of the VLF-ONE ‘theme’ properties mostly relate to sizing and locations, or very specific contextual things like the colour and font size on a VLF-ONE title bar, etc.

We ship using these shipped VL-Web themes in the VLWebApplicationTheme property:

2015Blue
2015Gray
2015Red
2015Pink
2015DeepOrange
2015Indigo
2015LightBlue
2015Green
2015DeepPurple
2015Orange
2015Purple
2015Amber
2015Brown
2015Cyan
2015Teal
2015LightGreen
2015Lime
2015BlueGray

A start up a VLF-ONE application executes this line:

Code: Select all

#SYS_WEB.WebPage.Theme <= #Sys_Theme<#USystem.CurrentTheme.VLWebApplicationTheme>

Which, if you were using VLWebApplicationTheme=2015Green is in effect saying:

Code: Select all

#SYS_WEB.WebPage.Theme <= #Sys_Theme<2015Green>
This raises two points of consideration:

1. The value you define in the VLF-ONE VLWebApplicationTheme property must be in the #Sys_Theme<> collection. http://docs.lansa.com/14/en/lansa016/PR ... THEMES.htm

2. If you want experiment with changing things it may be simpler to create a simple VL-Web form and start it up with #SYS_WEB.WebPage.Theme <= #Sys_Theme<2015Green> (say). For example, how would you change the shade of green on buttons in that context - which is something I don't know the answer to. You can check out the list of themes by doing this in your test form:
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (17.22 KiB) Viewed 6588 times

davidbalansa

Post by davidbalansa » Thu Sep 22, 2016 11:02 am

Hi Mark,

Thank you for the information it was very helpful. I have been able to achieved my goal of using a corporate colour scheme in a VL Web Page. This is the concept I have been trying to reproduce in VLF-ONE. The way I went about it is a little different to how you explained. The steps to implementing this in a VL Web Page.

1. Create a Theme repository component (#CorporateTheme) and select the closest Shipped theme as the BaseTheme (2015Green)

Begin_Com Role(*EXTENDS #PRIM_THM) Style(#ThemeStyle) Basetheme(2015Green)

2. Modify the Control Theme Draw Style For Push Button. I changed its colour from grey to green.
Image2.png
Image2.png (29.22 KiB) Viewed 6583 times
Image3.png
Image3.png (59.16 KiB) Viewed 6583 times
3 Create a webpage and assign #CorporateTheme as the theme for the webpage.

Begin_Com Role(*EXTENDS #PRIM_WEB) Theme(#CorporateTheme)

4. When the webpage is displayed all buttons now automatically take on the modified Push Button Control Theme Draw Style defined in my Theme #CorporateTheme.
Image4.png
Image4.png (8.4 KiB) Viewed 6583 times
This is what I was hoping to achieve in the VLF-ONE. I think my issue lies in not being able to assign a repository defined Theme #CorporateTheme to the property Vlwebapplicationtheme.

Thank you for your time and assistance.
David

Stewart Marshall

Post by Stewart Marshall » Thu Sep 22, 2016 3:13 pm

Hi David

The WebPage property of Sys_web provides access to the page being executed, so you can always apply a theme at runtime

#sys_web.WebPage.Theme <= #YourTheme

Regards
Stewart Marshall

Independent IT Consultant
www.marshallfloyd.com.au

MarkD

Post by MarkD » Thu Sep 22, 2016 3:25 pm

eg: In your IIP at start up time.

davidbalansa

Post by davidbalansa » Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:52 pm

Hi Stewart, Mark,

Thanks for the additional information. I was able to achieve the result I wanted by setting the WebPage theme in the VLF-ONE IIP using the statement:

#sys_web.WebPage.Theme <= #MyTheme

This technique allows me to customize both the overall theme of the VLF-ONE and still use the ThemeCustomizer reusable part to customize other aspects of the VLF-ONE.

Your assistance is greatly appreciated!

Regards,
David

Tim McEntee

Post by Tim McEntee » Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:30 pm

This is how I would implement my own theme. Not much different to the previous posts except that the definitions are static.

1) I would define a Theme and assign my corporate colours:
BEGIN_COM Role(*EXTENDS #PRIM_THM) BaseTheme(MaterialDesignGreen) Style(#Style1) Theme500Color(240:0:120) Theme900Color(120:0:60) Theme50Color(252:199:226) Theme100Color(249:159:204) Theme400Color(244:60:152) Theme300Color(245:84:165) Theme200Color(247:116:181) Theme600Color(210:0:105) Theme700Color(180:0:90) Theme800Color(150:0:75) ThemeA700Color(146:49:142) ThemeA400Color(160:75:156) ThemeA200Color(173:101:170) ThemeA100Color(187:126:184) ThemeBorderColor(0:154:68) ThemeLineColor(64:179:115) ThemeInactiveColor(255:176:96) ThemeDisabledColor(255:176:96) ThemeTextColor(40:0:112) ThemeTextLightColor(121:96:166) ThemeSuccessDarkColor(0:96:43) ThemeSuccessMediumColor(0:154:68) ThemeSuccessLightColor(128:205:162) ThemeErrorDarkColor(179:8:51) ThemeErrorMediumColor(238:11:68) ThemeErrorLightColor(246:133:162) ThemeAccentDarkColor(191:96:0) ThemeAccentMediumColor(255:128:0) ThemeAccentLightColor(255:176:96)

* MenuBar

DEFINE_COM Class(#PRIM_VS.Style) Name(#Style1) FaceName('Roboto Black') FontWeight(Normal) FontSize(9) FontUnits(Point)

END_COM

2) Next I would define a reusable that extends the VLF theme object #VF_SY1700. I would statically define each of the VLF properties from the ancestor component. It took a couple or hours mucking around to get the few I have below, so to do the lot would take about a month on and off.

BEGIN_COM Role(*EXTENDS #VF_SY170O)

DEFINE_COM Class(*ANCESTOR) Name(#BaseFormBackgroundandFont) ForegroundBrush(#BFBAFBrush)
DEFINE_COM Class(#PRIM_VS.SolidBrush) Name(#BFBAFBrush) Color(ThemeText)

DEFINE_COM Class(*ANCESTOR) Name(#BasePanelBodyStyle) ForegroundBrush(#BFBAFBrush)

DEFINE_COM Class(*ANCESTOR) Name(#FloatingPanel_TitleStyle) ForegroundBrush(#FP_TSBrush) FontSize(10) BackgroundBrush(#FP_TSBackgroundBrush)
DEFINE_COM Class(#PRIM_VS.SolidBrush) Name(#FP_TSBrush) Color(ThemeInactive)
DEFINE_COM Class(#PRIM_VS.SolidBrush) Name(#FP_TSBackgroundBrush) Color(Theme300)

DEFINE_COM Class(*ANCESTOR) Name(#FloatingPanel_AtFrontTitleStyle) ForegroundBrush(#FP_AFTSBrush) FontSize(15) Italic(True) BorderBrush(#FP_AFTSBorderBrush) BackgroundBrush(#FP_AFTSBackgroundBrush) BorderBottom(1) BorderLeft(1) BorderTop(1) BorderRight(1)
DEFINE_COM Class(#PRIM_VS.SolidBrush) Name(#FP_AFTSBrush) Color(ThemeText)
DEFINE_COM Class(#PRIM_VS.SolidBrush) Name(#FP_AFTSBackgroundBrush) Color(Theme600)
DEFINE_COM Class(#PRIM_VS.SolidBrush) Name(#FP_AFTSBorderBrush) Color(ThemeBorder) Opacity(60)

END_COM

3) Then in the theme customiser
#NewTheme <= *New #TimVLFTheme

#Themes.Insert Item(#NewTheme)

SET Com(#NewTheme) SymbolicName("MYTHEME1") Description('Tims Theme') VLWebApplicationTheme("TIMTHEME1")

4) And finally in the uInitialize routine in your system IIP set the web theme then the VLF theme.
#sys_web.WebPage.Theme <= #TimTheme1
#USYSTEM.CurrentTheme <= #TimVLFTheme

Tim