iSeries Export/Import with IASP

This Q&A forum allows users to post and respond to "How Do I Do ....." questions. Please do not use to report (suspected) errors - you must use your regional help desk for this. The information contained in this forum has not been validated by LANSA and, as such, LANSA cannot guarantee the accuracy of the information.
jyoung

iSeries Export/Import with IASP

Post by jyoung » Wed Nov 28, 2018 2:21 am

I get this may be better suited for support, but I thought I would try here too.

We recently moved our servers to use an IASP and Support was super helpful in getting LANSA reconfigured correctly. I am having a bizarre issue that may or may not be related to the IASP.

We do our deployments to Production by an export of our DEV server and an import into our PROD server. This includes all the compiled VLF-ONE Commands, Filters etc. Javascript files AS WELL AS the framework definitions as External Resources.

The export and the import all happen successfully. However, when I navigate to a new command, I get an error stating the command cannot be found.
Missing Command.PNG
Missing Command.PNG (17.83 KiB) Viewed 8412 times
The command is in fact there
Command on Server.PNG
Command on Server.PNG (26.82 KiB) Viewed 8412 times
I have discovered that if I use "Deliver To" the command seems to be recognized and is loaded. This caused a chain reaction of errors because reference reusable parts could not be found. Delivering those part with "Deliver To" solved the issue, even though they where part of the Export/Import.

So my question is has anyone had an issue with client side reusable parts using Export/Import with an IASP? Server side components i.e. Server Modules, Functions etc. don't seem to have the same issue.

Thanks,
Joe

atostaine

Re: iSeries Export/Import with IASP

Post by atostaine » Wed Nov 28, 2018 4:31 am

Joe: Sometimes even if someone answers your question completely wrong, it still helps. So I'm going to go ahead and answer :roll:

I use iASP setups but currently only have one iASP.

When you import, you have set the iASP to the correct one? I'd be nervous to just do a SETASPGRP from the command line, I'd want to have my job description set to that iASP.

Maybe LANSA CL script for import doesn't have the correct parms for the RP restore?

Art
Art Tostaine

jyoung

Post by jyoung » Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:09 am

Hey Art,

When you import the save file, do you/where do you specify the IASP?

I've tried an import with a small export, one RP and then do the import manually and still have the same issue.

We've tested this before and I thought it worked, so it's all together possible I am missing something in creating the export or running the import. I looked back through the export and import options in the House Keeping menu, but I am not seeing any place to specify the IASP.

When I did the import manually, I go the Housekeeping Menu -> (8) Import Objects ...
from there I import from a save file supplying the library and file name. The only thing I typically change is the "Allow Long Name Changes" if I have a name change.

Thanks,
Joe

atostaine

Post by atostaine » Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:12 am

AFAIK you can't specify the iASP, your job should be set to the right iASP before the import.

If you look at the joblog do you see any mention of the RP?
Art Tostaine

jyoung

Post by jyoung » Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:20 am

When I look at the import log it says the RP imported successfully.

Code: Select all

C  EIM0268    Definition of component MGSAPPC02 successfully imported.
However when I look in the IFS at /LANSA_dcxpgmlib/x_lansa/x_SYS/web/vl for that component in not there. Its also not /IASP1/LANSA_dcxpgmlib/x_lansa/x_SYS/web/vl where (IASP1) is the name of our IASP.

I have no idea where the import put the MGSAPPC02.js file. :?

atostaine

Post by atostaine » Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:40 am

I think we were one of the first LANSA customers to move to an iASP with an existing LANSA installation. They recommended that we don't do that. But we worked with Jerry and we were able to get everything working.

There were lots of settings all over the place. Maybe the iASP you are importing is missing something?
Art Tostaine

jyoung

Post by jyoung » Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:50 am

lol. Yeah they said the same thing here.

Jerry helped quite a lot in getting everything up and running. I gotta be missing something.

I put in a support ticket, so will update this thread when it gets figured out.