Server Module invokes an RP that has Table I/O

This Q&A forum allows users to post and respond to "How Do I Do ....." questions. Please do not use to report (suspected) errors - you must use your regional help desk for this. The information contained in this forum has not been validated by LANSA and, as such, LANSA cannot guarantee the accuracy of the information.
atostaine

Server Module invokes an RP that has Table I/O

Post by atostaine » Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:10 am

I have an RP that gets inventory locations. I want my server module to use the code.

If I change the RP to Web only, I'm able to call and use it on the web. Is this supported or am I doing something that's likely to stop working someday?

I'd like to be able to set my RP to target platform ALL so I can use it in VL-WIN. Would LPC consider allowing an RP to be set to ALL but give warnings for table I/O?

*edit I'm on IBM i server.

Thanks, Art
Art Tostaine

dannyoorburg

Re: Server Module invokes an RP that has Table I/O

Post by dannyoorburg » Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:18 am

Hi,

I'm slightly confused by your question.

The Target Platform of a Reusable Part can be:

- All Platforms
- Web Browser
- Windows/IBMi/Linux

for a Server Module to use it it needs to either be ALL or Windows/IBMi/Linux. And for Windows/IBMi/Linux you're allowed to use IO commands, they're just not allowed if you want to use it in the browser.

Does that answer the question?

Cheers,
Danny

atostaine

Re: Server Module invokes an RP that has Table I/O

Post by atostaine » Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:22 am

Yes thank you. I thought when I set my RP to windows/IBM/linux it wouldn't let me compile, but I had it set to ALL. :oops:
Art Tostaine