Creating report in lansa 14.2

This Q&A forum allows users to post and respond to "How Do I Do ....." questions. Please do not use to report (suspected) errors - you must use your regional help desk for this. The information contained in this forum has not been validated by LANSA and, as such, LANSA cannot guarantee the accuracy of the information.
Pratibha

Creating report in lansa 14.2

Post by Pratibha » Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:12 pm

Can anybody please guide how to create report in Lansa. The requirement is upon clicking the push button on the form the report should appear on the screen and the user should be able to print the report.

Regards,
Pratibha

jyoung

Re: Creating report in lansa 14.2

Post by jyoung » Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:43 am

I think we are probably going to need some more information as to your environment.

Are you using VLWEB or VLWIN or the 5250 screens?

I use the PDFDocumentService https://docs.lansa.com/14/en/lansa093/i ... 7_0170.htm with Integrator to handle pretty much all of our reporting. We typically email these to the user, however you could store these on the server and access them through the web.

VLF-ONE has a demo DF_T69H1O that shows a way to handle printing in VLWEB.

Joe
Last edited by jyoung on Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Pablo

Re: Creating report in lansa 14.2

Post by Pablo » Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:06 am

Hi Pratibha,

Further to Joe's reply, in case this is what you are after, the PrintExample.zip attached is a quick export with a couple of examples part of the VLF demo that will work in a normal page. It will import these components:

PrintPage - web page
PrintInterface - reusable part to communicate with the widget
PrintWidget - widget
PrintResource - external resource used by the widget pointing to the file included in xWebSamplesPrint.zip

xWebSamplesPrint.zip contains a JavaScript file you must extract to your partition web vl folder.
For example: <lansa root>\X_WIN95\X_LANSA\x_<partition>\web\vl\

PrintPictures.zip is what you should expect when you click on Preview/Print. A page showing you examples of the things you do in the widget and another with some sample barcodes.
Attachments
PrintPictures.zip
(71.19 KiB) Downloaded 41 times
PrintExample.zip
(42.94 KiB) Downloaded 40 times
xWebSamplesPrint.zip
(13.81 KiB) Downloaded 40 times