VL Windows XPRIM_HTTPRequest Calling LANSA Web-Service on IBM i

This Q&A forum allows users to post and respond to "How Do I Do ....." questions. Please do not use to report (suspected) errors - you must use your regional help desk for this. The information contained in this forum has not been validated by LANSA and, as such, LANSA cannot guarantee the accuracy of the information.
AndrewLPV

VL Windows XPRIM_HTTPRequest Calling LANSA Web-Service on IBM i

Post by AndrewLPV » Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:05 am

Does anyone have any experience working with the XPRIM_HTTPRequest object?

I am looking to call a web-service over a wireless data connection from a Windows tablet running a VL Windows application.

The web-service is written with LANSA Integrator on an IBM i, and I would like to consume it using the new XPRIM_HTTPRequest object. The initial requirement is simply to call the web-service from the tablet with a CSV package and receive a success/failure response from the IBM i.

I have researched these new objects on the forum, and have seen that some people have done some great things with it, and I've read through the doco in the LANSA guides, so I'm sure I can do this.

Does anyone have any code snippets or suggestions for how to accomplish this?

alih

Re: VL Windows XPRIM_HTTPRequest Calling LANSA Web-Service on IBM i

Post by alih » Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:51 am

Hi Andrew,

Please clarify your web service that is implemented using LANSA Integrator.
If it is a JSON (similar to REST) service over HTTP(S) , then the extended libraries will work for you (HTTP and JSON objects). Otherwise, if your web service is a SOAP service, the extended library doesn't have a SOAP client.

Regards
Ali H.

AndrewLPV

Post by AndrewLPV » Tue Jan 15, 2019 5:56 am

Hi, Ali. Yes, the webservice is JSON-oriented.

AndrewLPV

Post by AndrewLPV » Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:34 am

Ali, given that you are experienced enough to suggest that one can use XPRIM_HTTPRequest with A JSON package in the VL Windows environment, maybe you have a code snippet that might help kickstart me in the right direction with this requirement? That would be immensely appreciated!