VLF One and Themes

This Q&A forum allows users to post and respond to "How Do I Do ....." questions. Please do not use to report (suspected) errors - you must use your regional help desk for this. The information contained in this forum has not been validated by LANSA and, as such, LANSA cannot guarantee the accuracy of the information.
Eugene

VLF One and Themes

Post by Eugene » Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:16 am

I've been experimenting with using a customiser reusable for VLF-One and a custom theme in order to run the VLF One application using a my own set of colours.

One area I would like to change is the background bar showing the active applications. This is currently set to white and I can't find any way of changing this.
VLF One Application bar.JPG
VLF One Application bar.JPG (14.59 KiB) Viewed 1703 times
Does anyone know if it is possible to change the background and font colour?

MarkD

Re: VLF One and Themes

Post by MarkD » Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:52 am

The application bar adopts (inherits) its background color from the main form area.

If you change the VF_SY170O theme property BaseFormBackgroundandFont to use, for example, Normbackcolor(Red) you can see how both the active application bar and the main form area change:

Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (29.26 KiB) Viewed 1690 times

So it does not look like you can change the bar background independently.

Eugene

Post by Eugene » Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:04 pm

Thanks Mark. Worked a treat. Almost there! Now is there a way to make the icons use the same background colour without changing the colour of the title bar? So in the example below I want the ICON to have the same background colour but everything else to remain the same.
VLFOneToolBar.JPG
VLFOneToolBar.JPG (28.11 KiB) Viewed 1680 times
I've tried setting UseDarkThemedIcons property to true but this does not seem to do anything at all. This 'IsDarkTheme' property changes all the icons. I want the icon on the panel to stay the same.

Here is an extract from my Theme Cusomiser.

If (#Theme.SymbolicName = MTRCrossRail)
Set Com(#NewTheme.BaseFormBackgroundandFont) Normbackcolor('#673BB8') Textcolor(white)
Set Com(#NewTheme.FloatingPanel_AtFrontTitleStyle) Normbackcolor('#8177B7') Textcolor(white)
Set Com(#NewTheme.FloatingPanel_AtFrontBorderBrush) Color(white)

#NewTheme.UseDarkThemedIcons := True

#NewTheme.MaterialMenu_TitleBarHeight := 56
#Theme.UseCustomApplicationTheme <= #MTRCrossRailTheme

Else
* disable all other themes
#theme.Enabled := False
Endif

MarkD

Post by MarkD » Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:10 am

In my previous example I changed the color associated with the business object examples 101, 102 and 103 to also be red, to match the background:
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (24.85 KiB) Viewed 1654 times
The icons now have the same background color as the bar.

Not sure if this is what you want to do though?