Webservice generation

This Q&A forum allows users to post and respond to "How Do I Do ....." questions. Please do not use to report (suspected) errors - you must use your regional help desk for this. The information contained in this forum has not been validated by LANSA and, as such, LANSA cannot guarantee the accuracy of the information.
Dan

Webservice generation

Post by Dan » Sat Feb 23, 2019 2:20 am

First, sorry, I am in a hurry, brand new to the forum, and haven't looked through the threads to see if this has been addressed before. Feel free to just direct me to another thread. Also, I am the admin, but haven't done any coding with aXes. I am a 40 year midrange guy, though, so I have the background to understand the concepts.

We have aXes. A different, non iSeries group is wanting us to get a Software AG product that does many of the same things aXes does. They were not aware that one of our teams already had aXes. There is one feature that the other product has that would greatly simplify the project they want to do. So, my question is, is there something aXes can do that might accomplish this. The Software AG product can do a script going through screens, gather information, and present that as a web service.

SO, the question is, does aXes have a way to gather the information up in batch and then export it to a text, xml, json file? Or :gasp: actually create a web service?

I'm just trying to find a way to use aXes instead of buying a totally new product.

While I am waiting on a reply, I'll be delving through the threads to see if this is already answered.

Thanks,

-dan

tsupartono

Re: Webservice generation

Post by tsupartono » Sat Feb 23, 2019 7:41 am

Hi Dan,
Just so you are aware, aXes has its own forum and you might get more replies if you post your question there.
https://axes.lansa.com.au

At the least, aXes does come with a set of Java and .NET API that let you navigate your screens and get/set fields on the screen programmatically. If you have Java developers, they can write (say) a Spring Boot app that uses this API to scrape the screens and publish them as a set of web services. You then just run this app (as a job) on the IBM i alongside aXes.

Dan

Re: Webservice generation

Post by Dan » Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:10 am

tsupartono,

Thanks! Both for pointing me to the aXes forum, and for the hints for using the APIs.

I'll head over to axes.lansa.com.au

Thanks, again.

-dan