PasswordChar + Numeric Field + Material Design + Numeric Keyboard

This Q&A forum allows users to post and respond to "How Do I Do ....." questions. Please do not use to report (suspected) errors - you must use your regional help desk for this. The information contained in this forum has not been validated by LANSA and, as such, LANSA cannot guarantee the accuracy of the information.
MarcusLancaster

PasswordChar + Numeric Field + Material Design + Numeric Keyboard

Post by MarcusLancaster » Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:23 am

Hi all.

Simple scenario for all you Material Design / Web experts... I've got a numeric repository field on a web page, e.g;

Define_Com Class(#MyField.EditField) Name(#MyField) Parent(#COM_OWNER) Appearance(TextFieldArea) Clearbutton(True) Captionposition(None) Helperposition(None)

The field is set with an edit code Z to suppress a zero when the user focuses on the field.

When the user focuses on the field the numeric keyboard pops up (we're running the app in iOS). All good so far.

But if I set a PasswordChar for the field, even though it still only permits numerics to be entered, it is the alpha keyboard which is shown, not the numeric version.

Any idea how I force the numeric keyboard to appear in this situation? Or should I be using an entirely different approach?

Bottom line is I want numerics entered only, a numeric keypad, and a password char.

Supplementary question... is there anyway to force the "e-mail" version of the keyboard to appear for an alpha field?

Any suggestions would be gratefully received :-)

Cheers for now.

Marcus.