VLF-WIN Custom Login Form (solved)

This Q&A forum allows users to post and respond to "How Do I Do ....." questions. Please do not use to report (suspected) errors - you must use your regional help desk for this. The information contained in this forum has not been validated by LANSA and, as such, LANSA cannot guarantee the accuracy of the information.
LANSAGuru

VLF-WIN Custom Login Form (solved)

Post by LANSAGuru » Sat Apr 27, 2019 12:32 am

An ISV has many customers and one of them does not like the fact that the VLF-WIN login form says "Change IBM i password".

Now ordinarily you would just change this, but the source code for this is not shipped.

In VLF-WIN there is a multi-lingual for this, but it is burned in at compile time, so you can't change that.

Additionally, there is possibly a different program which loads all multilingual variables in a single program and then these values are fetched dynamically at build time so that you could change a value, recompile the single program, and then not need to recompile your whole application from the ground up...if memory serves correctly. But this is also not shipped.

So, other than hacking a dll with a hex editor, there is no way to change this text I can see of.

For those customers using VLF-WIN, are there any options to get around this. Support mentioned there might be some ways to do this "custom" by hand cranking a custom VLF-WIN login form, but that it is not technically supported and references internal properties, methods, etc...and might be difficult to upgrade.

Are there any options here?

Thanks,
Paul

MarkDale

Re: VLF-WIN Custom Login Form

Post by MarkDale » Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:38 am

Have you tried modifying the following line in function UFU0003 ? (the multilingual text enroller) (in process UF_SYSBR)

* MTXTUF_CHGIBMIPSW - Change IBM i Password
Execute Subroutine(ADD_MTXT) With_Parms('UF_CHGIBMIPSW' *MTXTUF_CHGIBMIPSW)

You can modify it to use a different multilingual variable.

UFU0003 is shipped, as are the MTXTUF_* multilingual variables.

You could make a copy of UFU0003 and change the multilingual text enroller property in the framework (Framework properties --> Framework details)

LANSAGuru

Re: VLF-WIN Custom Login Form (solved)

Post by LANSAGuru » Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:03 am

Mark,

Doh! I knew this existed, but had forgotten.

Thanks,
Paul