Instance List - 1 record or many

This Q&A forum allows users to post and respond to "How Do I Do ....." questions. Please do not use to report (suspected) errors - you must use your regional help desk for this. The information contained in this forum has not been validated by LANSA and, as such, LANSA cannot guarantee the accuracy of the information.
Fromm603

Instance List - 1 record or many

Post by Fromm603 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:13 am

So, I am new to LANSA. I have a filter and instance list. When I type in a value in the filter (Item # in my case), only 1 entry is shown in the insance list (an exact match), but what I want is basically all records that contain the value I entered. So we have items D10, D1007A, D1089 (and way more), I'd like all those in the example to be in the instance list. Entered value D10

I don't see a way the code does any do while or do until type logic. It's just a Select_sql command with an add_entry to LIst command after it.

#ServerSystemManager.uMakeWhereString UWHERE(#WhereClause) ULONGNAME(IMITNO) USHORTNAME(IMITNO) UTYPE(ALPHA) UOPERATOR(EQ) UCOMPAREVALUE(#IMITNO) UVALID(#Valid) UIGNORECASE(True)

then
SELECT_SQL FIELDS(#IMITNO #IMDESC #WK_Itno) FROM_FILES((IMR)) WHERE(#WhereClause)
ADD_ENTRY TO_LIST(#InstanceList_Columns)

Maybe the UOPERATOR value of EQ is not right? No idea how to find the valid value though.

atostaine

Re: Instance List - 1 record or many

Post by atostaine » Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:38 am

Your whereclause needs to be correct. It probably has somefield = somevalue, it should be somefield like somevalue%.

Does the VLF have an option that you check to tell it to select greater than equal or generic?
Art Tostaine

Fromm603

Re: Instance List - 1 record or many

Post by Fromm603 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:19 am

Thanks, yes VLF has that option, and I missed that originally. I changed the source to CONTAINS from EQ, it didn't work, but then I cleared cache and for some odd reason it was good to go.