Compilation Linkage Failed (SOLVED)

This Q&A forum allows users to post and respond to "How Do I Do ....." questions. Please do not use to report (suspected) errors - you must use your regional help desk for this. The information contained in this forum has not been validated by LANSA and, as such, LANSA cannot guarantee the accuracy of the information.
paularstall

Compilation Linkage Failed (SOLVED)

Post by paularstall » Fri Jul 19, 2019 7:17 am

I have done a fresh install of 14.2 with latest epc's on a laptop (VCS system) for a new developer.

All seems to work ok apart from I can't seem to compile any objects at all in the IDE

The compilation logs show a sucessful build output however the compile output seems to show a failure.
The final message saying - Compilation and Linkage of Component xxxxx ended

Any ideas what is likely to have caused this, I've used the exact same setup which works for 3 other developers.
Compile error.jpg
Compile error.jpg (96.68 KiB) Viewed 131 times

atostaine

Re: Compilation Linkage Failed

Post by atostaine » Sat Jul 20, 2019 12:05 am

Try turning off compile component only when necessary. IMO that setting is worthless. If I click compile I want a compile.
Art Tostaine

paularstall

Post by paularstall » Sat Jul 20, 2019 7:34 pm

Thanks for the suggestion.
However that didn't work. It's with lansa support.
Agree about it being a bit of a pointless function though if I click compile I want to compile. ;)

paularstall

Post by paularstall » Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:47 pm

This was caused by how the users admin rights had been setup here.

After adding the user to the group admin policy I re-installed LANSA and all worked ok.