VLF Changing Business Object Title Bar (RESOLVED)

This Q&A forum allows users to post and respond to "How Do I Do ....." questions. Please do not use to report (suspected) errors - you must use your regional help desk for this. The information contained in this forum has not been validated by LANSA and, as such, LANSA cannot guarantee the accuracy of the information.
mleonard

VLF Changing Business Object Title Bar (RESOLVED)

Post by mleonard » Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:07 am

I'm trying to set the VLF One Business Object Title Bar in the "Snap In" Reusable Part. The manual suggest using this logic "#Com_Owner.avHandlerCaption := 'My alternate caption'" Unfortunately, avHandlerCaption is not a member of the component VF_AC007O. Any suggestions?

MarkDale

Re: VLF Changing Business Object Title Bar

Post by MarkDale » Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:52 am

If the ancestor of your component is VF_AC007O, then you must be trying to set the caption from a Filter.

Would #Com_Owner.avTitleBarCaption do what you want?

mleonard

Post by mleonard » Thu Jul 25, 2019 11:32 pm

Yes, I'm trying to dynamically change the captain from the filter for the business object. I'm trying to add commentary for the business object. Unfortunately, #Com_Owner.avTitleBarCaption changes the Application Title Bar.

MarkDale

Post by MarkDale » Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:40 am

I'm guessing that what you want to do is change the title above the command handlers.

(The business object instance's title)

You could do that by setting #Com_Owner.avTitleCaption in a command handler - e.g. in the uExecute routine.

If it has to be done from the filter, then you could
a) put a value in an unused instance list column, and the command handler could read that during uExecute, and change #Com_Owner.avTitleCaption
b) avSignal from the filter that the title should be changed, and the command handlers could listen for the signal and change #Com_Owner.avTitleCaption
c) the filter could put a value on the VLF virtual clipboard, and the command handler uExecute routine could check for that and and change #Com_Owner.avTitleCaption

mleonard

Post by mleonard » Tue Jul 30, 2019 6:46 am

#Com_Owner.avTitleCaption worked perfectly. Thank you so much!