LANSA Mobile Container Issue

This Q&A forum allows users to post and respond to "How Do I Do ....." questions. Please do not use to report (suspected) errors - you must use your regional help desk for this. The information contained in this forum has not been validated by LANSA and, as such, LANSA cannot guarantee the accuracy of the information.
LANSAGuru

LANSA Mobile Container Issue

Post by LANSAGuru » Fri Sep 20, 2019 10:12 am

#1 LANSA Mobile Container
#2 VL Web app inside
#3 Running Code like this...

#sys_Web.Navigate Url(#wNewUrl) Target(New)

After a lot of debugging, it appears that this fails with any url that includes an &

Originally running this on Mobile Android and it was not working, could not figure out why, so moved to something a little more debug-able, LANSA Mobile on Windows.

On Windows I got the error, but instead of doing nothing it crashes LANSA Mobile Completely.

I did a bunch of tests to get the error and it looks like any URL sending parms (&p1=value&p2=value)

You get an error like so in the LANSA Mobile log file...

Windows::UI::Xaml::Controls::WebViewNavigationStartingEventArgs ^):1092: ?t=1&imb=1&data=@runCommand%20{"cmd":"openwindow","url":"/cgi-bin/lansaweb?about&r=1","target":"_blank"}
Exception: lacks ending quotation before the end of string[ pos = 49 ]

By tweaking the url length you can work out that it doesn't like the &

You can no longer use + in url as that is used to replace a space.
And the LANSA Mobile app is doing some stuff behind the scenes, so if you try to replace the url with %26 it just interprets that as a regular &.

Tried \x26 as well but that just gets interpreted as &...

Some of the other urls tried as extracted from the logs....

Windows::UI::Xaml::Controls::WebViewNavigationStartingEventArgs ^):1092: ?t=1&imb=1&data=@runCommand%20{"cmd":"openwindow","url":"/cgi-bin/lansaweb?w=ccx033sxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx+r=1","target":"_blank"}
?t=1&imb=1&data=@runCommand%20{"cmd":"openwindow","url":"/cgi-bin/lansaweb?about","target":"_blank"}
?t=1&imb=1&data=@runCommand%20{"cmd":"openwindow","url":"/cgi-bin/lansaweb?w=ccx033sxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx&r=1","target":"_blank"} 98
?t=1&imb=1&data=@runCommand%20{"cmd":"openwindow","url":"/cgi-bin/lansaweb?w=ccx033s&r=Get","target":"_blank"} 53
?t=1&imb=1&data=@runCommand%20{"cmd":"openwindow","url":"/cgi-bin/lansaweb?about&r=1","target":"_blank"} 49
?t=1&imb=1&data=@runCommand%20{"cmd":"openwindow","url":"/cgi-bin/lansaweb?w=ccx033sxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx","target":"_blank"}
?t=1&imb=1&data=@runCommand%20{"cmd":"openwindow","url":"/cgi-bin/lansaweb?w=ccx033s","target":"_blank"}
?t=1&imb=1&data=@runCommand%20{"cmd":"openwindow","url":"/cgi-bin/lansaweb?w=ccx033s","target":"_blank"}
?t=0&imb=1&data=@runCommand%20{"cmd":"openwindow","url":"/cgi-bin/lansaweb?w=ccx033s","target":"_blank"}
?t=1&imb=1&data=@runCommand%20{"cmd":"openwindow","url":"/cgi-bin/lansaweb?w=ccx033sxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx","target":"_blank"}
?t=1&imb=1&data=@runCommand%20{"cmd":"openwindow","url":"/cgi-bin/lansaweb?w=ccx033sxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx&r=1","target":"_blank"}
?t=1&imb=1&data=@runCommand%20{"cmd":"openwindow","url":"/cgi-bin/lansaweb?w=ccx033sxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx+r=1","target":"_blank"}
?t=1&imb=1&data=@runCommand%20{"cmd":"openwindow","url":"/cgi-bin/lansaweb?w=ccx033sxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx+r=1","target":"_blank"}

I was going to report this, but everyone gone in US at the moment.

Can I get any idea if anyone knows how to make this work. I need to be able to open a url and pass parameters...

Thanks,
Paul

jasonzhou

Re: LANSA Mobile Container Issue

Post by jasonzhou » Fri Sep 20, 2019 1:53 pm

Hi Paul,

It sounds a bug of LANSA Mobile. We will fix it. Can you please report this to LANSA support. We will send you a test build to try out as soon as it get fixed.

Thanks
Jason

LANSAGuru

Re: LANSA Mobile Container Issue

Post by LANSAGuru » Fri Sep 20, 2019 2:04 pm

I just logged to the US Support Portal (I guess it is all 1 support portal now)...case #00758181

Included a simple test case quick export....been driving me crazy and wasted a bunch of time trying to work around the issue...I could go down the widget road, but that has its own issues. If I can avoid doing that I would like to.

Thanks!