How to programatically Reference VLF Business Object User Properties

This Q&A forum allows users to post and respond to "How Do I Do ....." questions. Please do not use to report (suspected) errors - you must use your regional help desk for this. The information contained in this forum has not been validated by LANSA and, as such, LANSA cannot guarantee the accuracy of the information.
PatrickF

How to programatically Reference VLF Business Object User Properties

Post by PatrickF » Sat Sep 28, 2019 6:21 am

I am using VLF-One, and need to implement a custom security per https://docs.lansa.com/14/en/lansa048/c ... 7_0070.htm . The Security API I am calling will return a list of Index IDs which map to the Business Objects. I would like to setup a Custom Property in each Business Object called Index and store the matching Index ID in the custom Property value. I can use this method to retrieve a Custom Property at Business Object Level : #avFrameworkManager.avGetUserProperty Atlevel(B) Withname(INDEX) Numericvalue(#LISTENTRY) Requester(#COM_OWNER) since all the Custom Properties are named INDEX that I need to secure.
My questions are :
1) Can I limit the scope of the #avFrameworkManager.avGetUserProperty when working AtLevel(B) so it will return the User Property for a specific Business Object ?
2) If it cannot and I get a list of all user properties named INDEX for all the Business Objects that use it, how do I enumerate the properties so I can distinguish which Custom Property value matches which Business Object ?
3) Is there a better way to implement this custom security model. At the Command Handler level, I can store my index values in AlphaArg1 and AlphaArg2, but these properties are not available at Business Object level. I need something that I can reference programatically in the UF_OLOGON component. I prefer not to setup a table with Index ID matching the Business Object Name because the installation I am working at doesn't want to create a parallel security model. Their preference is to store the Index IDs in the Framework and cross-reference programatically