global object that returns objApplication name in visual lansa version13

This Q&A forum allows users to post and respond to "How Do I Do ....." questions. Please do not use to report (suspected) errors - you must use your regional help desk for this. The information contained in this forum has not been validated by LANSA and, as such, LANSA cannot guarantee the accuracy of the information.
JABIVULLAS

global object that returns objApplication name in visual lansa version13

Post by JABIVULLAS » Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:33 pm

Hi ,

We are using visual lansa version 13 SP2. We are maintaining Applications ( objApplication), Business Objects(objBusinessObject) and Command Handler(objCommand) maintained in VLF. We have a business requirement to get all the details of lansa objects(objApplication, objBusinessObject , objCommand) the moment when user signed in. Is there a specific object which has all the above object details stored so that we can access that object directly to get data.

We would be using these data for further manipulation as we have this application accessible over Web. Please let me know for any further questions.

davidbalansa

Re: global object that returns objApplication name in visual lansa version13

Post by davidbalansa » Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:48 am

Hi,

Here is a link to the documentation which enables you to query the Framework objects:

Writing queries over Visual LANSA Framework objects:

https://docs.lansa.com/14/en/lansa048/i ... 0Framework

The code in the second query sounds close to what you are asking. Hope this helps.

JABIVULLAS

Post by JABIVULLAS » Thu Jan 23, 2020 5:10 pm

Hi, Thanks for your reply. Is this solution for Visual Lansa Version 14 or 13. In the link i could see the query options is for VLF-ONE(ie VLF Version 14). We are using lansa version 13.

Please let me know if there is any alternate solution to achieve this for Version 13.

JamesDuignan

Post by JamesDuignan » Fri Jan 24, 2020 8:07 am

Hi,

That documentation is applicable for VL-Win and VL-One, thus it will be applicable for your application.

The V13 documentation is not online, so sending direct links is not possible, but it does exist in the V13 shipped VLF documentation, just do a search for "Writing queries over Visual LANSA Framework objects" and you can see it.

Regards,
James

JABIVULLAS

Post by JABIVULLAS » Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:00 am

Hi,

Thanks for your prompt reply. Basically we are looking for a global object which will have all the details of application name, business name and command handler tab name for instance 'objBusinessObject.uUserObjectType', 'objApplication.uUserObjectType' and 'objCommand.uUserObjectType'.

The link talks about reusuable component which will return all command handler (tabs) for the creation business object reports. But we are trying to implement the concept of bookmarking like the way how bookmark works in favourite browsers(for instance IE, Chrome). Given this is there a way to get all the applications, business objects and command handler's created in our application.

Note: We have close to 20 applications and 170 business objects and close to 2500 tabs.

Your help or hint to get this achieved is highly appreciated.

JABIVULLAS

Post by JABIVULLAS » Tue Jan 28, 2020 4:37 pm

Adding to this is there any specific LANSA developed method like for example "NAVIGATE_TO_JUNCTION()" or "NAVIGATE_TO_SCREEN()" which will get the command handler name of the tab that user clicks and to store them. Later when that saved command handler is clicked it should load back the same command handler(TAB) screen.

Please let me know if this information can help you further.

Thanks.