VLF_ONE Question

This Q&A forum allows users to post and respond to "How Do I Do ....." questions. Please do not use to report (suspected) errors - you must use your regional help desk for this. The information contained in this forum has not been validated by LANSA and, as such, LANSA cannot guarantee the accuracy of the information.
mwilliams

VLF_ONE Question

Post by mwilliams » Mon Sep 21, 2020 3:51 pm

I was wondering if there were any other ways to get information from a RP to RAMP other than using the clipboard or signaling an event? I ask because I have a RP sitting in a slider which is nothing more than a list. when I click an item, I am doing an AVSWITCH to a business abject that has a single command tied to ramp. I need to get information to ramp that is needed by the initial program that fires right after login. I don't think I can use either the clipboard or signaling an event because I can't verify that the vHandle_AVEVENT or vHandle_AVCLIPBOARDEVENT functions will fire and set a value needed by the initial program in time since they are async. If I am wrong, then please advise. What would be an easy solution is if I could tell a BO that has a filter and instance list to load in a slider instead of it's own frame or popup. That way ramp would have access to the instance list and then I could grab the info I need.

If anyone has some possible solutions I would be curious to hear.