New option"Install Import" in the Creating a patch window in Deployment Tool

This Q&A forum allows users to post and respond to "How Do I Do ....." questions. Please do not use to report (suspected) errors - you must use your regional help desk for this. The information contained in this forum has not been validated by LANSA and, as such, LANSA cannot guarantee the accuracy of the information.
MegumiSawada

New option"Install Import" in the Creating a patch window in Deployment Tool

Post by MegumiSawada » Tue May 11, 2021 12:21 pm

Hi All,

There's a new option"Install Import" in the Creating a patch window in Deployment Tool.
https://docs.lansa.com/15/en/lansa022/c ... 0patch.png

Could you please advise me in which case I should set this option on, and also off?

It looks the guide says very few about that.

Best Regards,
Megumi Sawada

Dino

Re: New option"Install Import" in the Creating a patch window in Deployment Tool

Post by Dino » Sun Jun 13, 2021 1:36 am

Hi

Maybe the documentation has been recently updated, but now there is a detail for "Install Import", and it says that it imports the standard (the LANSA standard) imports and the LANSA repository definitions, so I understand is basically the LANSA required things in the repository that you normally import when you set your partition (after a fresh install, update of LANSA version, epc, etc):

https://docs.lansa.com/15/en/lansa022/c ... 6_0040.htm
If the Install Imports option is selected, standard imports and repository definitions are included in the patch:

Standard imports

Includes Web Resources, Web Utilities, Standard Weblets, Messages, System Variables and Technology Services. These imports may change in a new LANSA release (GA, SP or EPC).

Standard imports ensure changes in the associated import files are applied. For large applications, this may be a time-consuming task.

Repository definitions

Updates to Repository Definitions may be needed for Repository Help and Repository Security.

When installing WAM, Weblet or External Resource file changes do not require an import because the associated files are published directly. Only changes to External Resource definitions require an import. These changes include file path changes, mime type changes and file encoding changes. LANSA will not inform you of this. You will need to determine this yourself.