EPC150033 Web Routing issue

This Q&A forum allows users to post and respond to "How Do I Do ....." questions. Please do not use to report (suspected) errors - you must use your regional help desk for this. The information contained in this forum has not been validated by LANSA and, as such, LANSA cannot guarantee the accuracy of the information.
marcel.heij

EPC150033 Web Routing issue

Post by marcel.heij » Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:14 pm

I am experimenting with the new web routing features in version 15+, but since web pages don't include the .html extension the IIS webserver returns 404 FILE NOT FOUND. When I add the .html extension to the URL the page is loaded correctly and the routing in the web application itself seems to work fine. While staying in the web application I see the URL path changing to the routes I did setup and the URL is not showing the .html extension anymore. But when I use the URL with the routing path directly a 404 FILE NOT FOUND shows up. Am I missing a setting somewhere on my IIS web server or is it something else?

dominique

Re: EPC150033 Web Routing issue

Post by dominique » Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:44 pm

As far as I know you don't need to configure something special on the IIS side. In our environment it worked without any problems after the package installation.

Do you use URL Rewrites in IIS? We had to reconfigure the rules, but nothing else.

Regards
Dominique

marcel.heij

Post by marcel.heij » Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:06 pm

Thanks Dominique for the reply. We use a pretty standard IIS (version 10) install on Windows server 2016, so nothing special is done for URL Rewrites. What rules are you referring to?
Regards,
Marcel

marcel.heij

Post by marcel.heij » Mon Jun 14, 2021 7:36 pm

Is it necessary to install the "URL Rewrite" extension in IIS?

dominique

Post by dominique » Tue Jun 22, 2021 9:07 pm

No, it's not necessary but a great tool to add rules or change the URLs before redirecting to your site. But you should not have this strange behavior.

If you use .html with routing definitions, the whole Router would be something like disabled.

Did you test it with a sample page? Do you have the same behavior with that sample page?
Did you apply the epc to your IIS Server?
Is it working correctly on your dev environment?

Note: not all Routings are "public". If you add new routes you have to define if a Session is necessary or not. (Property Access(Public))

Dominique

marcel.heij

Post by marcel.heij » Thu Jun 24, 2021 7:53 am

Lansa support is looking in to it. I am still in my DEV environment where IIS is on the same machine. Lansa web plugin is not accepting any URL without .html at the end. Even the demo applications are not working.
Must be something in the configuration on the machine, but cannot find what it is.

marcel.heij

Post by marcel.heij » Fri Jun 25, 2021 11:44 pm

This issue is solved by myself. Seemed to be a strayed/lost registry key causing this trouble:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\LANSA\%5C%5CSERVERNAME%5CD$%5CLANSA] ==> this translates to \\SERVERNAME\D$\LANSA

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\LANSA\%5C%5CSERVERNAME%5CD$%5CLANSA\LANSAWEB] ==> this translates to \\SERVERNAME\D$\LANSA\LANSAWEB

After removing these entries from the registry and restarting IIS, everything worked fine. I don't have a clue where these registry entries were coming from and why this is messing up the web routing only. I have informed Lansa support.