checking VLF-ONE permissions

This Q&A forum allows users to post and respond to "How Do I Do ....." questions. Please do not use to report (suspected) errors - you must use your regional help desk for this. The information contained in this forum has not been validated by LANSA and, as such, LANSA cannot guarantee the accuracy of the information.
MikeRoyal

checking VLF-ONE permissions

Post by MikeRoyal » Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:19 pm

Hi

I'm using VLF-ONE to deliver a facilities booking system using VLF-ONE. I need to deliver some of the functionality to external users and want to deliver as a single web page outside of the VLF-ONE framework to avoid the overhead of downloading the whole framework. I don't want to have to write specific security rules just for this page and want to use something similar to the method #avFrameworkManager. avCheckAvailability which I can use from inside the framework.

Can anyone point me to the files where the necessary framework security rules are held so that I can check from outside the framework.

Thanks

Mike

Dino

Re: checking VLF-ONE permissions

Post by Dino » Mon Jun 14, 2021 11:40 pm

Depending how you setup your VLF-ONE (User and Authorities Tab for VLF), one of the options is to store this information in the VFPPF06 and VFPPF07, other an XML file.
Checking the data in those files, looks like that particular information is encoded/encrypted...

Just thinking at loud, you could use the UF_OLOGON server side logon validator of VLF-ONE https://docs.lansa.com/15/en/lansa048/c ... 7_0070.htm to store the information you need for your external application in an alternative file at this time (in addition to), assuming of course your users with also be using the VLF-ONE and not just the lonely web page.

MikeRoyal

Post by MikeRoyal » Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:54 pm

Hi Dino

Thanks for your response. Yes, we use VFPPF06 and VFPPF07 to store the user details, but as all the commands and users are stored with internal references it makes it difficult to use.

As you say, we can store the access to the web page separately, but that was what I was hoping to avoid. A component that provides the same functionality as the avcheckAvailability method that was accessible outside the frameowrk was what I was hoping someone from Lansa may have written!

Thanks for your help.

Mike

Dino

Post by Dino » Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:52 pm

I hope somebody will have that, but if not...

Another idea, could be to submit a hidden command in the vlf https://docs.lansa.com/15/en/lansa048/i ... sa048_3610 which will be in loop, with a very short delay between iterations and check for records in a file that need to be responded.

An external web page could insert records in that file (what they want to check with avcheckavailability) and the hidden command will reply in the same record. then the web page grab his response and delete the record/request.

I use to have the same kind of logic when wanted to generate word documents using activex in window, from the IBM.

At least in this way you don't need to duplicate data.

MikeRoyal

Post by MikeRoyal » Tue Jun 15, 2021 11:50 pm

Thanks Dino. Yes, not keen on duplicating data, but think that might be the easiest approach.