VLF-One/VLF-Web Invalid Session

This Q&A forum allows users to post and respond to "How Do I Do ....." questions. Please do not use to report (suspected) errors - you must use your regional help desk for this. The information contained in this forum has not been validated by LANSA and, as such, LANSA cannot guarantee the accuracy of the information.
mwilliams

VLF-One/VLF-Web Invalid Session

Post by mwilliams » Tue Jul 20, 2021 6:29 am

I was wondering if someone can tell me what causes an invalid session. It seems like everything will be working just fine and all of a sudden I start getting this error and then everything dies and I don't know how to avoid it or what is causing it. Hoping someone can give me some ideas on where to look.

Dino

Re: VLF-One/VLF-Web Invalid Session

Post by Dino » Tue Jul 20, 2021 10:59 pm

What exactly message says in the screen?

While all server modules created by the VLF-ONE assistants will have this line at the beginning:

Code: Select all

Begin_Com Role(*EXTENDS #PRIM_SRVM) Sessionidentifier('VLFONE')
which makes them all to share the same session identifier, if you happen to create additional server modules/command handlers/filters outside of the VLF-ONE assistants, or bring standalone components you created, you may want to check that all them are sharing the same session identifier and all have the same in them.

but if you have this, usually the error will say something like:
A request sent to your web server failed. Check your internet connection.
If you have a timeout in VLF-ONE, User Administration Settings tab, Inactivity timeout at the bottom, the message at the expiration of the timeout will say:
Inactivity timeout has elapsed. This application has been automatically closed for you.
Check this thread also: viewtopic.php?t=1345 about how to handling error.
and this other viewtopic.php?t=1817 about an invalid session.

You can add the command handler DF_T43H1O in your VLF-ONE project to test/see how you can handle error as well in your VLF-ONE app.