PWA fails to load

This Q&A forum allows users to post and respond to "How Do I Do ....." questions. Please do not use to report (suspected) errors - you must use your regional help desk for this. The information contained in this forum has not been validated by LANSA and, as such, LANSA cannot guarantee the accuracy of the information.
adale

PWA fails to load

Post by adale » Wed Jul 28, 2021 6:31 am

I have a VL Web page built out and working well.
Tried to turn on PWA feature by changing the Offline Support from None to Web App Manifest / Service Worker like I did for a small sample test web page. Compiled and checked in.
The web page now will not load, with this error listed in the Chrome dev console:

Uncaught (in promise) TypeError: Failed to execute 'Cache' on 'addAll': Request failed p1mmain.sw.js:1

I am not familiar enough with the javascript to know what this error is trying to tell me what is wrong.

Anyone have some insights on what I need to correct with my VL Web page in order for it to work as a PWA?

Notes:
The server is set for HTTPS.
I believe I have the two image files loaded in the correct directory (at least I am not getting or seeing a 404 error on the image file names).
I left the cache defaults alone as they are all listed in the Derived App Cache Entries. Meaning I have not gone in and done any changes or edits as to where the app should look for cached items.

adale

Re: PWA fails to load

Post by adale » Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:28 pm

Not a real clear answer, but EPC150040 has resolved the non loading of this VL Web app with off line support (PWA).
There are still some issues to work out, but at least now it loads and can function.